Kinda nervous about flying

Going to Cancun in July with my girlfriends family. I've been in plenty of military planes, jets, helicopters, etc but I've never actually been in the air. Now a flight went missing and shits kind of chaotic right now in the world... I'm fucking nervous lol. I know I have nothing to worry about but it'll be my first time. Any tips somebody should know for the first time flying? Phone Post 3.0

Statistically speaking, what are the chances of another flight going down so near in time to this recent one? I've flown alot and I'm always nervous. You will relax more once in the air. Phone Post 3.0

Xanax Phone Post 3.0

Dude you'll be fine... I'm scared of heights and flying isn't my thing. My tip is always have a bottle of water on you to sip and think good thoughts. Once you takeoff it's a breeze Phone Post 3.0

when boarding the plane, if the pilots have the cockpit door open, ask them to do a few barrel rolls after take off.  Everybody loves barrel rolls.

ChrisAllen - Xanax Phone Post 3.0
Lol most likely. And I hate pills Phone Post 3.0

DontLeaveItToTheJudges - Dude you'll be fine... I'm scared of heights and flying isn't my thing. My tip is always have a bottle of water on you to sip and think good thoughts. Once you takeoff it's a breeze Phone Post 3.0
I'll be sure to keep a drink with me. Do they serve beers on planes? Phone Post 3.0

ClutchTheBear -
DontLeaveItToTheJudges - Dude you'll be fine... I'm scared of heights and flying isn't my thing. My tip is always have a bottle of water on you to sip and think good thoughts. Once you takeoff it's a breeze Phone Post 3.0
I'll be sure to keep a drink with me. Do they serve beers on planes? Phone Post 3.0
Yes, but they're expensive. You'll be fine. I also hate flying. Anything that can kill me that I have no control over makes me uncomfortable. I have flown a few times and am always nervous. Phone Post 3.0

TryhardNobody - 

I just watched a youtube video w pilots last words before they crashed. I suggest not watching  that. 

definitely don't watch the 747 afghanistan crash youtube video

Make a Drs appt before your flight. Tell him what's up. He'll write you and rx for some mild Xanax. Pop one before flight. Have a beer at bar before flight. Enjoy flight. Maybe 1 more beer on plane depending on how awesome you feel. Phone Post 3.0

Before I go on holiday I always start watching Air Crash Investigation about a month out before I go.

It's beneficial, they give best tips on how to survive in bad conditions. Phone Post 3.0

bakobell - Make a Drs appt before your flight. Tell him what's up. He'll write you and rx for some mild Xanax. Pop one before flight. Have a beer at bar before flight. Enjoy flight. Maybe 1 more beer on plane depending on how awesome you feel. Phone Post 3.0

"Mild" Xanax? May as well be no Xanax.

Pound booze. Xanax optional.

I know the math doesn't work for most people, so how about some Real Talk:

You are going to die someday. No amount of worrying about it will ever change that; it will only make you miserable during the ride.

Someone shot up a movie theater, I'm afraid to see a movie.

There was a fatal car wreck, I'm afraid to drive.

My girlfriend caught an STD from riding a tractor in her bathing suit, I refuse to drive my tractor Phone Post 3.0

it's kinda funny   how everyone always fears flying. but it is far far safer than any other modes of transport. it like is  way fucking safer. driving a car is way more risky and we all do that every day and don't  think twice about it 

"That's statistically your odds of dying in a plane crash. You're not lucky enough to win the lotto just the same as your not lucky enough to hit the odds it takes to die in a plane crash. "

You're off by at least an order of magnitude, but it doesn't really matter given that no one has any meaningful concept of "millions" anyway.

So long as you aren't flying in europe I think you'll be okay.

Statistically speaking you're a dumbass. Phone Post 3.0

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/30/db/3d/30db3d54fc66cf77269ad89777b222b7.jpg

Most of these responses gave me a good laugh lol. Sitting at the volkswagen dealership waiting for my car to finish it's service so this is a good read. Don't get me wrong I'm not scared of death or anything, it's gonna happen one day. I've just never flown so I don't know how it'll be. Best believe if someone tries to take over the plane I'll die trying to murder that fool lol Phone Post 3.0