Kindle fire or nook tablet?

Anyone here have either one? I'm having a hard time deciding between the two Phone Post

subbed

All I can tell you is I have a Nook Color and love it.  Does everything I want it too, and pretty well, imo.

my prelim research is only from one of the big pc mags websites... forgot which one ATM

my 1 liner takeaways from the reviews:

they said for media get a kindle fire, but it's bad for e-reading

b&n tablet - good for e-reading, not good for media.

my bro-in-law though says though, he read neg reviews on kindle fire.

best bang for buck ... what you paid for and what you got WRT hardware - the HP touchpad is best... but apps are limited compared to others, HP is discontinuing or not discontinuing. not clear what is going on. if you need basic apps, it's available, if you need a gazillion apps like ipad, then this is not for you. however, with all that said, i think all hp touchpads are sold out.

i mentioned the fire to him, he says he heard that blackberry playbook prices will be slashed... may go to $200 level and after that maybe even $99. he thought also the playbook would be good bang for buck. if the price slashing is true, you are getting a ~$500 ipad competitor for $200 or less.

JudOWNED -  All I can tell you is I have a Nook Color and love it.  Does everything I want it too, and pretty well, imo.

How are mags and comics on it? Phone Post

I like them on there.  The picture/graphics are great.  I convert the .cbr files to epub and then can bookmark and whatnot.  The 7 inch screen is small, but doesn't give me any problems reading it.  Mangastream has a mobile version of their website which worked great on there too, for reading my Hajime no Ippo updates.

I noticed that the mags on the nook looked a lil sharper. The only thing I'm liking about the fire more is the design and sleek interface Phone Post