Kindly slow your roll on Jorge.

I don’t get the hype. Masvidal’s urine won’t cure Cancer. I promise.

I wish you guys would do some friggin actually research  once in a while.  He has KO’d 13 of his 46 opponents ; 28%.   Everything, all this nonsensical hype is about his last 2 KOs.  What big fight has Cerrone not choked in? Jake Ellenberger was spoiled milk going back to his KO loss against Lawler in 2014. He has split decision losses to Al Iaquinta, Bendo and Larkin.  He is a 155er.  Maia fought for the belt at 185, is not a small man and has submitted men as big as Gonzaga.  Maia is an erudite scholar, while Masvidal is clicking away somewhere in Africa.  This metaphor refers to both their fighting ability and their class level.

Bottom line: no matter the outcome, Maia is a way better fighter.

Just like Jacare is a way better fighter than Whittaker.  What?  After 2 takedown attempts and a failed back take, abort mission and strategy.  Strategy, like Royce has always said, is paramount. That fight was not a fluke. However,it was simply a part of an actual real conspiracy (not an Alex Jones one).  UFC hates BJJ centric fighters; keep them away from the title, and given them enough fights until they have a bad night.  Could the same happen to Maia? Absolutely.  He could get clipped and KO’d.  He could get systematically get picked apart and finished. Or he get boxed up in a decision. However, Maia 3.0 is all about adhering to the BJJ doctrine.  As long as he stays the path, he is going to fuck that lowgrade up.

The Masvidal bandwagon loves Scarface references.

How about this quote:

“It's Cubans like you who are giving a bad name to our people.”

I can imagine the Masvidal bandwagon if he KO's Maia:

"Here's a sousand dollars, for you mama."

Lol. So in.

Maia has critical recent losses to guys that the UFC let go: Rory Macdonald and Jake Shields, just like the current Champion Tyron Woodley.

Maia winning the belt wouldn't do anything to prove the UFC has the best Welterweight in the world. It's not a conspiracy against Demian Maia, just people know that he's very beatable.

Maia is 24-6.

6 losses. As the sport has evolved in this modern era, look at the pound for pound rankings, there isn't a blemished record like Maia's in the top 15 p4p, except for Michael Bisping, who is 30-7 and a current Champion that as a whole fought veritably more difficult, higher ranked competition.

Maia might beat Masvidal, he might beat Tyron Woodley, neither victory would prove he is the best Welterweight in the world and that is the UFC's conundrum. It has nothing to do with Maia's approach to fighting, it has to do with the UFC's inability to promote Demian Maia as the best Welterweight in the world after a bout with Tyron Woodley.

Jake Shields

Rory Macdonald

Ben Askren, the asterisk.

Maia is gonna strangle the life outta this bandwagon.

Masvidal is going to win as long as he fights smart, it doesn't take a rocket scientist. Maia's bandwagon is just as dumb

WattMell - Jorge is very impressive since being in the UFC and doesn't seem to have any big weaknesses. Schooled Alaquinta and that Cowboy KO was insane and Cerrone was on fire at the time.

Schooled Iaquinta but lost the decision..? 

WattMell -
ISuckedConorsLuckyCharm -
WattMell - Jorge is very impressive since being in the UFC and doesn't seem to have any big weaknesses. Schooled Alaquinta and that Cowboy KO was insane and Cerrone was on fire at the time.

I remember watching it live I wanted AI to win because he really went for it and Jorge was purposely coasting but AI was punching air for three rounds while Jorge tentatively landed shots the whole fight. Easy UD for Jorge imo. But I guess everybody has their own view of things.

Yeah I remember it a bit differently and I had no horse in the race. It looked like Masvidal had him hurt in round one and couldn't put Al away. So Al decided to stand and fight while Masvidal curiously chose to throw soft pitty pat jabs and run. Looked like he was afraid to engage. 

He barely got a punch in after round one. 

Iaquinta also kind of sucked in that he was whiffing at air a lot of the tine. I was surprised they gave it to him.  Masvidal has since changed his style and now comes forward and fights with courage. 

This fight is going to be a close one and it could go either way in my opinion. 

WattMell -

I remember watching it live I wanted AI to win because he really went for it and Jorge was purposely coasting but AI was punching air for three rounds while Jorge tentatively landed shots the whole fight. Easy UD for Jorge imo. But I guess everybody has their own view of things.
I agree masvidal was robbed...if you disagree you're crazy

CRE - Maia has critical recent losses to guys that the UFC let go: Rory Macdonald and Jake Shields, just like the current Champion Tyron Woodley.

Maia winning the belt wouldn't do anything to prove the UFC has the best Welterweight in the world. It's not a conspiracy against Demian Maia, just people know that he's very beatable.

Maia is 24-6.

6 losses. As the sport has evolved in this modern era, look at the pound for pound rankings, there isn't a blemished record like Maia's in the top 15 p4p, except for Michael Bisping, who is 30-7 and a current Champion that as a whole fought veritably more difficult, higher ranked competition.

Maia might beat Masvidal, he might beat Tyron Woodley, neither victory would prove he is the best Welterweight in the world and that is the UFC's conundrum. It has nothing to do with Maia's approach to fighting, it has to do with the UFC's inability to promote Demian Maia as the best Welterweight in the world after a bout with Tyron Woodley.

Jake Shields

Rory Macdonald

I appreciate the fact that unlike most of the stooges on here, you are at least articulate. However, I don't understand your brand of critical thinking. People love to criticize Rickson for never having fought anyone. Fairplay and how is Ben Askren any different? Furthermore he was getting worked over by a no-name Brazilian guy until he eye poked him. Although I can't stand the UFC organization, they have the best fighters and thus I always watch. Rory almost got finished in round one and simply outpointed Demian  in the typical trite Tri- Star fashion.  No way Jake Shields won that fight. You ignore so many factors when considering one's record. Ronda Rousey only has two losses, do you still consider her one of the best? The ConMan only has three. I'm not sure he won the rematch and could only be on the ground for a minute with Daffy before offering his best drummer boy rendition . Is he the best or just a perfect storm? In my opinion there's really only one blemish on Maia's record. That being the aberration with Marquardt.

Go watch the fight.

Matthew4Freedom -
CRE - Maia has critical recent losses to guys that the UFC let go: Rory Macdonald and Jake Shields, just like the current Champion Tyron Woodley.

Maia is 24-6.

Jake Shields

Rory Macdonald

I appreciate the fact that unlike most of the stooges on here, you are at least articulate. However, I don't understand your brand of critical thinking. People love to criticize Rickson for never having fought anyone. Fairplay and how is Ben Askren any different? Furthermore he was getting worked over by a no-name Brazilian guy until he eye poked him. Although I can't stand the UFC organization, they have the best fighters and thus I always watch. Rory almost got finished in round one and simply outpointed Demian  in the typical trite Tri- Star fashion.  No way Jake Shields won that fight. You ignore so many factors when considering one's record. Ronda Rousey only has two losses, do you still consider her one of the best? The ConMan only has three. I'm not sure he won the rematch and could only be on the ground for a minute with Daffy before offering his best drummer boy rendition . Is he the best or just a perfect storm? In my opinion there's really only one blemish on Maia's record. That being the aberration with Marquardt.

Wait, you think he beat Anderson??

Wait, he got wrecked by Weidman and Munoz too

So pumped to be going yo this fight and I hope Masvidal is one of my favorites!

GrilliamG - Wait, he got wrecked by Weidman and Munoz too

I think you're a bit of a historical revisionist. These fights that you speak of are non-entities. He got destroyed in none of them. Let's say you got into a fight on the street and the other guy  got the better of you marginally until the cops broke it up. He didn't knock you out or sub you. Who cares? I am a big fan of Paulo Filho. Even through all the drugs and mental issues, he was still never finished. Besides that was stand up Maia 2.0. Maia 3.0  is strict adherence to the BJJ doctrine with improved Wrestling.

Saying Masvidal was robbed in the Iaquinta fight is just silly. He drops Al in the first round and does LITERALLY nothing for the next two rounds. Al was the only one making it a fight from that point on, Masvidal would've gladly just sat on the stool for 10 minutes and waited for the decision to be read. The guy is really talented but has a big problem with pacing and keeping pressure on. Maybe 170 helps with that but he reallly should still be at 55 and excelling there. Doesn't strike me as a guy who takes his conditioning or diet very seriously. 

He was robbed in the iaquinta fight.

Masvidal is a born and very intelligent fighter. He picks Maie apart for a couple rounds and tko's him in the second with a knee

OP is overly salty.