King Mo

What are your thoughts on this fighter?

Great wrestling, but yeah, needed some overall development.  205 is perfect for him.  He was a small heavyweight.  He'll do well, just needs to get some more fights under the belt.   

Gracie is a tough follow up fight for him following Cavalcante.  (Sounding like Joe Rogan) He probably gained a lot from that loss.  Going to be an interesting fight. 

Good opinions!

Losing to one fighter who is himself a good fighter does not make him overrated. It's one fight for fuck's sake. Losing to Hendo doesn't make a fighter "suck" either. By your logic, Rashad sucks for losing to Machida, Shogun sucks for losing to Jon Jones, Machida sucks for losing to Shogun, Rampage sucks for losing to Rashad and Forrest, and Forrest sucks for losing to Anderson. This is Rookerman logic.

For the record, I'm actually not a fan of King Mo and don't like him much, but still think he'd beat Franklin, who I like better as a fighter.

I just think he's got a good bit to learn.  He had dominated with takedowns in his previous fights and never had to make a strategy change or at least some decent adjustments midfight for them.  He got wore down and Feijao defended well and made him pay.  I see it like Phil Davis not being able to take Little Nog down for a bit, but then makes the proper adjustments and gets him down where he wants him.  He's that good of a wrestler.  Needs the right corner, experience, and training. 

Rookerman - ^^^ nuthugger. He has never looked good against anyone decent, which is limited to Feijao and Mousasi.

Looking good is irrelevant when it comes to winning.

Rashad Evans looked bad in two of his last wins, GSP looked bad in his Jake Shields win, and Anderson Silva looked bad in his Chael Sonnen win, but the W on their record is what goes down in the books, not how well they looked.

Poopyface TomatoNose - What are your thoughts on this fighter?

I think youve been jerking off way too much. Give the king mo luv a rest lil homie.

my thought is king Mo should be fighting Franklin at Ufc 133..it would be perfect fight to build Mo up with..

fugdatshid - 
Poopyface TomatoNose - What are your thoughts on this fighter?

I think youve been jerking off way too much. Give the king mo luv a rest lil homie.

Poopyface TomatoNose - For the record, I'm actually not a fan of King Mo and don't like him much, but still think he'd beat Franklin, who I like better as a fighter.

Maybe you didn't read the entire thread, but the last time I checked, you don't have to like a fighter to pick them over a fighter you do like. I don't make emotional MMA picks.

latin grammies and shit.

King Mo isn't UFC caliber, Dana knows that, he will remain in strikeforce till they disband or he gets cut, he is shades of Antonio McKee to me.

The guy has only been fighting for 3 years. Some people have unrealistic expectations. Phone Post

King Mo is and will remain a pretty tough gatekeeper.

Marketing and rhetoric aside, King Mo is a very astute student of the game. Expect him to continue to improve. Also, do not bypass his interviews or appearences. He is especially good on TapouT Radio.

Lol @ king mo being like mckee, just stop

Rookerman - ^^^ nuthugger. He has never looked good against anyone decent, which is limited to Feijao and Mousasi.

He's got a lot of potential.  I'm not putting the dude in some elite category right now.   Anyone with a background in high level wrestling or judo, people expect for him to be dominating, but he's still in development.  In terms of prospect, he has huge upside.  I don't even have a clue if he'll live up.  He may just go the easy route  and laynpray eveybody.  I don't know.  As a fan, I hope not.  

He was winning the feijao fight and doing well actually, his knee was blown out, hurt his takedowns a lot, mo will be fine

I think he learned not to throw body punches against knees to the face