King's "The Stand" Cast

Seeing as this adapton might actually be happening now what are your choices?

Here's mine, there are one or two I can decide on so I've put 2 possibles

Stu Redman - Billy Crudup / Josh Brolin

Nick Andros - Joseph Gordon Levitt

Tom Cullen - John C Reilly

Frannie Goldsmith - Emma Stone

Larry Underwood - Aiden Turner / Mark Ruffalo

Nadine Cross - Eva Green

Glen Bateman - William H Macy

Flagg - Matthew McConaughy

Mother Abigail - Nichelle Nichols

Trashcan Man - Jackie Earl Hayley / Billy Bob Thornton

Harold Lauder - Will Poulter

Lloyd Henreid - Sam Rockwell

Susan Stern - Bryce Dallas Howard

Judge Farris - Vondie Curtis-Hall

Lucy Swann - Elisabeth Olsen

Anyone I've missed? Any of you have better ideas?

If talking about Stephen King's the stand, it doesn't compare to Swan Song by Mccammon Phone Post 3.0

Haven't they already done at least one or possibly two adaptions of the book?

Worst payoff of a thousand page book eva! Phone Post 3.0

I love the stand Phone Post 3.0

The best character in that book and possibly ANY stephen king book, The Kid, needs someone worthy.

Most of the women you listed are too old. Sue Stern, Lucy Swann, and Frannie Goldsmith are in their early to mid 20's. Nadine Cross is in her mid to upper 30's though, so that's not too bad.

Actually, looking it over, a lot of your cast choices are older than the book, specifically Larry, Trashcan Man, and Nick Andros.

Those are all pretty solid suggestions. Phone Post 3.0

No need for this. This is one of those remakes that scare me Phone Post 3.0

The Man With No Screen Name - If talking about Stephen King's the stand, it doesn't compare to Swan Song by Mccammon Phone Post 3.0

I agree. I loved Swan Song far more.

Unless they change the ending, this movie will bomb big time. Nobody wants to be taken through a 3.5 hour epic only to have it end like it did in the book. Phone Post 3.0

hand of god? or am i thinking of another book? sure was disappointing. i knew then he had no ending in mind while writing it...

There is no way to turn that book into a decent single movie. Unless they go back to the 60's and make a 5 hour epic with an intermission it'll be a mess.
A trilogy would be anticlimactic, too.
If they do anything, make another miniseries, but put it on HBO, Showtime, or AMC. Phone Post 3.0

McConaughy as Flagg is perfect.

youarewhatiswrong - McConaughy as Flagg is perfect.
Would have said No before True Detective. But perfect. Phone Post 3.0

Chocolate Shatner - Most of the women you listed are too old. Sue Stern, Lucy Swann, and Frannie Goldsmith are in their early to mid 20's. Nadine Cross is in her mid to upper 30's though, so that's not too bad.

Actually, looking it over, a lot of your cast choices are older than the book, specifically Larry, Trashcan Man, and Nick Andros.
I don't think ages matter too much in an adaption like this. Pretty much everyone in Game of Thrones is at least 10yrs older than the books. Danaerys is 11 in the first book i think, bit awkward when Khal Drogo is plowing her on tv lol. Plus aren't most of the current Avengers lineup in their 40s? And they kick all kinds of ass Phone Post 3.0

M O O N that spells good list

The Man With No Screen Name - If talking about Stephen King's the stand, it doesn't compare to Swan Song by Mccammon Phone Post 3.0

I had to Vote ya up, fren.

Lifelong King fan, AND McCammon. But King is my idol.

I'm 40..and I never got around to reading Swan Song until a few months ago.

I was BLOWN AWAY with how awesome it was, and how awesome of a job he did depicting a completely "scorched and barren" land.

Baby can you dig yo man?

youarewhatiswrong - McConaughy as Flagg is perfect.

Agreed. Well done OP