Knee pain

My knee has been hurting when I do squats and I'm going to see the doctor, should I use knee sleeves?

YES.  Rehbands all the time, every time.  It also helps to take some time off from squats if your knees ache for days afterward.  I'm old (43), and this happens to me from time to time...I hammer the shit out of things like RDLs and pull-throughs until I'm feeling right again.

Get a lacrosse ball and roll out your quads around your knee and see if that helps. 

Ok I'll try the ball 

Dr said the ligaments are still attached and he said to lift higher reps to strengthen the muscles 

I used to have terrible knee pain squatting and doing other general activities until I started squatting at a minimum of once a week. I've dislocated both knee caps numerous times (Old Injury) but no torn ligaments, and squats save me.

IMO squatting is what keeps my knees from going to complete shit, and every time I take more than 2 weeks off from it I get bad knee pains after almost any kind of exercise.

Make sure you work on hip and ankle mobility. Issues with those can also cause knee pain

pateta - I used to have terrible knee pain squatting and doing other general activities until I started squatting at a minimum of once a week. I've dislocated both knee caps numerous times (Old Injury) but no torn ligaments, and squats save me.

IMO squatting is what keeps my knees from going to complete shit, and every time I take more than 2 weeks off from it I get bad knee pains after almost any kind of exercise.

I stopped doing very low squats because I could feel knee pain and now it's getting better 

surf2live -

Make sure you work on hip and ankle mobility. Issues with those can also cause knee pain

I'll start, thanks