Knife Attack On 2 Bouncers-Video

sam pai,

this is a bit off topic,but i was wondering what you thought.

over the summer after training i stopped at an atm and as i got ready to get out of my truck i saw 2 guys waiting around the corner from the atm out of sight unless you realy looked for them.
i was alarmed enough to drive to a different machine.

well they ended up mugging another guy as he left
the atm.luckily they only took some cash and took off.
should i have done anything more than worry about me?

i could have just called the cops from my cell phone,but they also could have just been 2 guys talking or hanging out.where do i draw the line i am not a cop and i don't want to one.

I always carry my gun with me (legally) and I can tell you if that punk stabbed me, I would have lit him up.

Peace,
Larry

I hope that coward and the other punk at the McDonalds get beaten to death.

I'm always in Code: Common Sense.

JayBRO...I don't see anything funny about the Awareness Codes that could save your life.  Almost every attack I have seen, could have been prevented by increased awareness.  It's something that should be used by everyone.

Stop trolling Dildo or at least post something funny.

autotech posted:  "over the summer after training i stopped at an atm and as i got ready to get out of my truck i saw 2 guys waiting around the corner from the atm out of sight unless you realy looked for them. i was alarmed enough to drive to a different machine."

You are a smart person and did the right thing.  I'm glad you decided to leave and trusted your intuition.  Lots of people who end up getting attacked, say they felt something was wrong, but didn't want to be paranoid and dismissed the warning signs.  The human brain processes information very quickly and sometimes you don't know why you are feeling alarmed. 

Hindsight is 20/20, but it probably would have been a good idea to call the police and tell them what you saw.  If you could get descriptions of them and their vehicle, without endangering yourself, that would be helpful also. 

Gary Hughes

Gary Hughes is good for the UG. I seldom see his posts been when I do they are very informative and often correct.

I envision a "C" level movie ending for the disbelievers on this thread. While blood fills the lung it also creates a bubble from the mouth of the disbeliever or disregarder. The last words muttered are, "I should have listened to Sam Pai"

ROBZOMBIE is correct.  The attacker is an idiot.  It's also important to realize their are scumbags who would kill you for no good reason at all and have no remorse.  It's hard for civilized people to remember that sometimes.

LeroyJ...thank you for your support.

romorater is correct.  Some of you definitely need to listen to Sam Pai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZeftkHKXGw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEjKU0p9JZw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s0eyOC5iLc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3HR2O2m068

"The guy who murdered him was out in less than 3 years, only in the UK."

Nope, same shit here in Germany. A guy I knew was beaten to death by a 17 year old right around the corner from where I live, and the kid is hardly doing any time at all.

As for knife attacks, regardless of what some wannabe experts tell you, if you see it coming (and are unarmed yourself), the best policy is to run. And as someone who spent many years in law enforcement, moonlighted as a bouncer, and has been in and witnessed his fair share of violent street encounters, I think I can speak with at least a little authority.

JensK....I agree that the best policy is to run....if you can.

It's better to run, even if you have your own knife.  Two people engage in a knife fight, one dies on the scene, the other bleeds to death a few blocks away.

Sam Pai, hope you don't get the impression that I was referring to you specifically, I actually like the stuff you post here for the most part. What makes me laugh is those guys who have gained their streetfighting expertise from watching Steven Segal movies.

JensK...no problem, my friend.  I appreciate your input, thanks for the kind words.

Gary Hughes

Just to chip in...

Watch what soles you wear on your shoes - okay so it was a wet surface one of the guys in pursuit slipped on but the point remains, rubber soled shoes are the way to go as when it goes off it tends to go off fast and hard. The gap between seeing, identifying and reacting tends to be much bigger than people realise. Just ask any cop or soldier who do the simulated blank firing "arresting the suspect" package (or whatever it's called)

You can have a weapon drawn and ready to fire and still get taken out or have the situation unfold in front of your eyes and do nothing to stop it. It's something we used to do in Northern Ireland and makes you realise that whatever code you live your life in (I am always in yellow and have been since I was 15 years old) you can still be surprised and made to look like you were asleep.
The two doormen were slack but the 2 stabs with that knife looked pretty quick to me. Just my 2 cents with 10 years as a bodyguard, 9 years British Army, years as a "bouncer" and a lifetime of trying to develop my awareness to a leval where I feel I'm tuned in but comfortable. I'm almost there but school's never out for the pro!

Oops!

Many thanks to Sam Pai Kenpo for this interesting thread. If the info on here saves one of us from being stabbed it's time well spent I think.