Knife guys....

$700ish and up

Under $25

It's easy to find knock offs in style, but once it's in your hand, you can usually feel the difference.

Like, I found a Emerson Karambit knock-off for $20. I was amped, until I realized the liner lock was less than totally reliable. Luckily, I found out before I lost some fingers.

That all said, it's hard to image the top knife is 28 times better.

$400

Willybone - 

It's easy to find knock offs in style, but once it's in your hand, you can usually feel the difference.

Like, I found a Emerson Karambit knock-off for $20. I was amped, until I realized the liner lock was less than totally reliable. Luckily, I found out before I lost some fingers.

That all said, it's hard to image the top knife is 28 times better.

Yeah, there are a TON of differences in those two though, but really most people just see two knives.  That Crusader Forge has such specific tolerances...and the materials used are 100 times better.  One will last forever.

I mean, if I was Rogan Rich, I'd own some serious knives.  There's a youtube guy Jim Skelton who has at least 15 blades in that price range and higher.  Some guys even have around 50 blades in that range.

looks like the top is a Crusader Forge custom/semi-custom with titanium handles and a S30V blade (basically as good as it gets for both and SUPER expensive hard to work with)

and the other is some junk chinese knock off

same with a fake iPhone

I have a Chris Reeve small sebenza and a Strider SnG and both worth every penny

I know what you mean.

If I was rich, I'd be carrying Elishewitz and Tighe all the time.

Sanrenmu makes some great dirt cheap knives. Phone Post

Fan of fanboys - 
BravoPUA - looks like the top is a Crusader Forge custom/semi-custom with titanium handles and a S30V blade (basically as good as it gets for both and SUPER expensive hard to work with)

and the other is some junk chinese knock off

same with a fake iPhone

I have a Chris Reeve small sebenza and a Strider SnG and both worth every penny
Does your Sebenza have s30 or s35?
I know they changed to s35

Also how do you feel about the heat treatment? I've seen some people say it's not hard enough so dulls more so needs to be sharpened more. Supposed to mean less nicks though.

The plain Sebenza 21 small is what I'm looking to buy next. Phone Post 3.0

my smal Seb is numbered so think it's from the 1st run, which I believe means it is BG42

I had a big, but sold it, was just a touch too big for me

the SnG is the perfect size

the small Seb is just a touch too small, but I carry it when I want to class it up.

It actually was a gift from really well respected gun guy- one of the coolest gifts I have ever gotten

:)

-and think the fanboys on internet forums are too critical

If Chris Reeve or Mick and Duane think it is good and sell it, then I trust their call

New York Knife show is coming up.  In New Jersey.

November 22,23,24.

e. kaye - 

New York Knife show is coming up.  In New Jersey.

November 22,23,24.

It'd be nice to go again. I enjoyed meeting the makers and actually getting to feel some steel I can't possibly afford.

I wish they didn't have to move the venue (due to idiocy). On a related note, there was an annual knife and gun show near me, but after the shooting at Sandy Hook, it was cancelled and I doubt its ever coming back.

I swiped this off someone for $25 shipped.  Skyline with acid/stonewashed blade, liners and clip.

Tenacious with blade and clip done and new orange g10 scales

Manix 2 XL with custom scales and blade stone/acidwash

You guys into the expensive knives.  Do you actually carry them?  The most expensive carry knife I ever purchased was around $60.  I lost the damn thing within a year.

I can understand you spending the money if you are a collector, but it would scare the shit out of me to carry a $500 pocket knife.

Very nice. Knifemaking is a fascinating craft.

I'm still a less than a $50.00 knife guy but almost in spite of myself I'm learning a lot from threads like this one and of course Alto's.

Barbasol OOTFFTT - 

You guys into the expensive knives.  Do you actually carry them?  The most expensive carry knife I ever purchased was around $60.  I lost the damn thing within a year.

I can understand you spending the money if you are a collector, but it would scare the shit out of me to carry a $500 pocket knife.

I carry one daily.   I switch between three depending on what I am doing or wearing.   A John W. Smith,  a custom Chris Reeve Sebenza or a one hand knife by Pat Crawford.

If I am wearing a tux out, I break out something a little fancier.

EDC knife. Just took this picture getting sushi for lunch.

Uploaded with Imgupr

I don't see any sense paying over $50 for a knife, let alone $100.