Knife vs. pepper spray

Good pressure

Again, 4ltr...

Pepper spray is terrible.

I'd rather be tasered I think.

Although I have never been tasered and only been in a confined room with pepper spray, never full face.

But I stand by my choice.

Dougie - 

Although I have never been tasered and only been in a confined room with pepper spray, never full face.

I have been tased and sprayed.

I would rather be tased any day over being sprayed.

Pepper Spray is a legit self-defense weapon. Very very tough. I was accidently maced, only partially once. My father had a few LEO bottles in my mother's room years ago when I was a kid. I saw my sister running out of the room, and throwing up in the bathroom...I was like WTF, and walked into the room and about died. It felt like I was breathing in spikes, it wasn't so much that I couldn't see, I couldn't, but I literally could not breathe...

Regardless, once I gathered my senses, and she gathered hers, I asked her WTF happened. Apparently the bottle was just a silver, unmarked thing, she thought it was some kind of body spray and sprayed it on herself, in the bedroom...I followed after. 

I could not imagine taking that to the face, it would be absolutely game-ending. 

Don't fully hang your hat on pepper spray, or any other less lethal method.  A committed person will fight through the initial discomfort and finish what they started.

Spray and evade.  Don't wait to witness the effectiveness.

jcblass -

Pepper Spray is a legit self-defense weapon. Very very tough. I was accidently maced, only partially once. My father had a few LEO bottles in my mother's room years ago when I was a kid. I saw my sister running out of the room, and throwing up in the bathroom...I was like WTF, and walked into the room and about died. It felt like I was breathing in spikes, it wasn't so much that I couldn't see, I couldn't, but I literally could not breathe...

Regardless, once I gathered my senses, and she gathered hers, I asked her WTF happened. Apparently the bottle was just a silver, unmarked thing, she thought it was some kind of body spray and sprayed it on herself, in the bedroom...I followed after. 

I could not imagine taking that to the face, it would be absolutely game-ending. 

That's even more impressive considering what your sister can take to the face.   

Can of it blew up in my wife's car when I was driving it one hot summer day.  That was a fucking nightmare. 

mglaw - 
Dougie - 

I have been tased and sprayed.

I would rather be tased any day over being sprayed.

I thought as much.

MrFluffyHippo - 
jcblass -

That's even more impressive considering what your sister can take to the face.   

Pepper spray affects different people differently. Most of us will be overwhelmed by it but some can walk right through it.

Count me in the rather be tasered crowd.

They take circumcision seriously in Israel.

Cookie Monster -

Can of it blew up in my wife's car when I was driving it one hot summer day.  That was a fucking nightmare. 

LMAO

RockTheVote - Someone who's done both, can you compare being Pepper sprayed to doing the gas chamber without a mask? Is it way worse?

Gas chamber stung my eyes and made my nose and throat instantly snot up.

Pepperspray just fucking burns everything! It hurt for a solid 5 minutes.

I was at the skating rink on soul night like 18 years ago, me and my friend were the only white people in the building, a fucking RIOT breaks out in there, cops storm in and start spraying left and right, me and my friend ate a shit load of it. I knew the owners, so I got us into the back office to hide out, we coughed and coughed until I threw up in a trash can. Fun times. 

Anyone ever use the marking spray?

RockTheVote - Someone who's done both, can you compare being Pepper sprayed to doing the gas chamber without a mask? Is it way worse?

I hated getting sprayed way worse than the gas chamber because of the length of time that I felt the effects. Gas Chamber seemed harder to breath, but once you got into fresh air cleared up pretty quickly. With OC spray it felt like someone poured broken glass and lava into my eyes. After it started to clear up it only felt like someone was throwing hands full of sand into my eyes for the rest of the day. My eyes and OC are not friends.