KnifeAttackVid-WhatWouldYouDo?

Warning:  This video (link below) contains graphic violence.  The web site also has ads that are not appropriate for the workplace or children.

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=video&file=man_stabs_ex_girlfriend.flv

I thought it would be interesting to see how the UG would handle a situation like that.  It seems to me that one good kick with bad intentions could have ended the whole thing.  What would be the best style of martials arts training to stop that viscious knife attack?  I think TKD training would be better than BJJ for this particular scenario. 

I'd grab his arm and break his freakin face, how do you think I'd handle it?

I think a front back kick to the face would probably have been the safest attack and the guys head would still be rolling down the street.  Advantage goes to the striking arts in this attack.

advantage goes to the art of sprinting

DW...I agree that escape is the best defense against a knife.  What if that was a friend or loved one who was being attacked like that? 

A bullet to the back of the head or a stab the base of the neck would have been perfect if you were armed.

I can't believe those dudes were throwing those tiny kicks at that dude. You'd have to reference the "beautiful soccer kick" thread for the best solution there.

I couldn't watch more than 30 secs of that one. That's some messed up crap there.

Robin.

FieryErmine is correct.  If a Chute Boxe fighter was there he would have shined his shoes on that guys head.  Those kicks were pathetic and had no effect on the attacker.  A nice round house kick would also have done the job.

The video is pretty disturbing for sure, but can be a good training tool.

thats very messed up. find a gun and blast him quick (easy to say from the keyboard).

"with no weapons" scenario: as a soccer player, I was thinking that a kick right to his f*ckin face would have helped the situation. it didnt seem like he was bothered by those pitter-pat kicks those guys that "tried to help"  landed.

what  a scum bag he is.

I wonder if she lived.

bigger question Sam Pai - what color was she operating in? she had to know this guy was a nut job and should have been in code red for sure...

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=video&file=man_stabs_ex_girlfriend.flv

Surely when dealing with someone with a knife or stabbing instrument the best possible solution would be to step with your pivot foot, shifting your weight while you do so.

While this is occuring, you use the technique called "Get the fuck out of dodge."

jwsocal...that is definitely a Code Red moment.  I'd like to know more about the circumstances and where this incident took place.

knife = give wallet and run like hell

Soccer kick to the face and find a weapon to smash him with as fast as you can.

that footage looked fake as hell.

if i was seeing that on the street, i would've gotten the ASP from under my seat and hit that mother fucker at the base of the skull as hard as I could...repeatedly.

FLYING TRIANGLE ALL THE WAY, BABY!

That footage looked everything but fake.

guy had his head down and focused on her..and he was on his knees and NOT a big dude

Smash the bicycle or garbage can across the back of his head..something as he would never see it coming

I can understand the first guy being apprehensive and throwing the little tap kick, but once seeing all he cared about was stabbing..shit split the uprights with his head. He NEVER turned his knife towards bystanders.

The one guy had a good idea to grab his hoodie and drag him back but he stopped after three feet and let the guy continue

Myheart is beating fast after watching that..wow there are truly some VILE SOULS in this world

I would have put a shin across that fuck's head from behind