Knoppix stuff

I just started out playing with knoppix. Setting up my personal space on a 512 M USB drive was really neat. I like the idea that I can walk around and work on any computer with my settings and a few docs, email and bookmarks.
I purchased the Knoppix hacks book, really enjoying it. Any suggestions on things to try.
Also, does DD work on any file system, or only linux/unix?

Thanks all,

Rob

Give Auditor a shot. It's based on Knoppix, with a slew of security tools preinstalled.

rfquinn is correct as usual.

Auditor is great.

Also check out the "Live CD List"

Someone please link it....

http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php

TTT for Knoppix so far the most simple way of getting linux on a pc. Great link btw Hunt, I just bookmarked it. Also I recommend the knoppix hacks book its an awesome read with crazy stuff who can do with knoppix.

Cool Link!
And I've got Auditor. Need to get a card that it will play with, and I've always had trouble with it seeing everything on my laptop. Got a knoppix cd with a book (knoppix hacks or hacking knoppix) and it saw everything on the laptop just fine.
I know I should spend more time trying to hammer my way through auditor, but I should also spend more time on business, SBS training, learning to sell, MAA training, .......................................................

Oh yeah, spend time with wife. Maybe I should move that higher up on the list ;)

Rob

Knoppix won't boot from VPC. :-(

That's because M$ owns it. I found it not to be very freindly with th linux distros.

Use vmware.

Much better inmo.......

And try the esx server if you can. That shit is great.