know why anderson is so good?

because he throws straight punches, take note nerds!

one of many answers

why would you throw a straight punch when you can punch REALLY HARD by just wingin' stuff?

true dat

footwork, reflexes, timing, accuracy

its the moo tie training................................

Bob an weave

he is good because he has MANY years at this game. He was training in MMA before most even heard of the sport. Thousands upon thousands of hours of hard difficult practice equals skilled fighter

the accuracy of his strikes has really become amazing. certainly his speed and power are also impressiev

I think I heard Joe Rogan say that Anderson has a striking accuracy of around 83%..while the UFC average is about 57%. That is epic.

you guys are missing the point ... his accuracy, speed and power are the result of thousands upon thousands of hours of training. He probably has put in more hours of training in striking than any of his opponents to date. Like the concert pianist who spends thousands of hours at his art Silva too has put in the hours. I don't think he started off great because according to his sherdog record he lost his first professional fight by decision

Just think how good he could be if he would just stand and wang!

Relaxation.

Like Mousasi,Fedor and Machida.

Here is the best reason-

The total lack of good ground and pound fighters in the 185 division.

Hendo, Lutter, and even Marquardt before the quick standup showed the blueprint. The problem is, other than Hendo, no one else in basically the whole division has top notch GNP. And even Hendo doesn't use his gnp very much.

I think this is why Hendo wants a rematch so bad. He knows he has the style to beat Silva.

Justinmacd - 1. Natural ability

2. Unbelivable work ethic

3. Willingness to recognize faults and to correct them.

Most guys don't even bother improving their holes. Anderson HAS and has turned himself into the perfect fucking fighter.

anybody else read this in BLAF voice?

he drinks machida's piss

dentalninja - footwork, reflexes, timing, accuracy

savage animal - 
Justinmacd - 1. Natural ability
2. Unbelivable work ethic
3. Willingness to recognize faults and to correct them.

Most guys don't even bother improving their holes. Anderson HAS and has turned himself into the perfect fucking fighter.

anybody else read this in BLAF voice?

now i have. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

He's technical like Wang

speed, reflexes and accuracy.

I typed that before actually reading the thread and I'm glad to see at least one person (dental ninja) knows whats up.