Knuckles " Izzy Is Average "

4 Likes

Robert Whittaker doesn’t think Israel Adesanya’s latest performance against Marvin Vettori was anything to write home about, with ‘The Reaper’ claiming that ‘The Last Stylebender’ isn’t as good as he thinks he is.

While most pundits walked away from the UFC 263 main event crediting Adesanya for putting on yet another striking masterclass against a very game opponent, Whittaker dubbed the champ’s performance ‘average’ and said he wasn’t overly impressed by what he saw.

“Watching that fight against Vettori, you can see Adesanya is not untouchable,” Whittaker said when speaking to the Daily Telegraph. “It reinforced the fact that he’s very human. Very touchable. I actually thought his performance was average. Not average in the context of being bad but he never did anything more than what he had to do. He didn’t do anything flashy. He didn’t do anything more than necessary, which is a good approach.

“But it certainly doesn’t put you in the realm of Gods. He’s definitely not a God. He’s a very good fighter, sure but he’s not as good as he thinks he is.”

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

I think Whittaker is saying that because he saw Izzy as a “god” before and is trying to convince himself that he’s not. I love Bobby, that’s just what I think.

6 Likes

Boom lol

Its not a great look that you feel the need to point out your opponent isn’t actually a god.

2 Likes

I would like to see Robert win the rematch. The division is stale as fuck. Feels like most divisions are right now.

7 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

THIN IZZY

2 Likes

Predictably defensive and sensitive response from IA. Nothing Robert said was incorrect. It wouldn’t be considered insulting either unless the person it offended had a massively overinflated opinion of themselves. I’m not saying Robert can execute the necessary gameplan and win the rematch, but he’s still correct.

8 Likes

Spot on. Izzy is a very good fighter but he’s not the next Jon Jones like many said he was. Usman & Colby could both go up and dominate him in my opinion

6 Likes

LOL at the sour grapes! Whitaker thinks hes all that but my man Izzy will humble him again! He’ll probably have to move to Australia so he wont have to face my man Izzy at the store!

3 Likes

I disagree. Whitaker gave his take on Izzy and Izzy responded.

I would have kept my opinion to myself especially after being flatlined once by Izzy.

5 Likes

Your not a former/soon to be world champ though . Mr.Knuckles does and says what he wants .

4 Likes

Well it’s hard to talk shit about someone who flatlined you once and bound to do it again. There’s levels to this game.

israel adesanya ufc236 GIF by UFC

4 Likes

It wasn’t talking shit . Bobby don’t do that . It was telling it how it is . Bobby is the clear #1 contender, I guess we’ll see about these levels soon

5 Likes