Knuckles Next For Izzy - Dana

Robert Whittaker is up next for UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya in his next title defense, confirmed UFC president Dana White.

Whittaker was expected to be next in line to fight Adesanya following three straight wins over Darren Till, Jared Cannonier, and Kelvin Gastelum, but he had to turn down the title shot against Adesanya at UFC 263 for several reasons. According to Whittaker, the turnaround following the Gastelum fight in April was too soon for him to fight again in June, especially since he needed to quarantine once he got home to Australia. With Whittaker not being able to take the fight for June 12, the UFC instead got Marvin Vettori to fight Adesanya, and the champ defended his title with a unanimous decision victory at UFC 263.

Adesanya has severe holes in his game and they’re noticeable. He just so athletic and fast that there hard to capitalize on. Whittaker is going to have to take a lot of punishment to get to Adesanya and there no guarantee he wins or has a similar fate as Gastleum or a repeat of what happened last time.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

I would love to see Whittaker hold the belt again.

1 Like

Unfortunately at this point I don’t think Bobby has the chin to execute the necessary game plan. I’m 100% rooting for him to prove me wrong though.

1 Like

I’ll say the same thing I said before the same fight. Izzy is the longer, more skilled and more experienced striker and while anything can happen in MMA, Izzy should be the heavy favorite.

1 Like

More like knuckles deep next for Izzy. He needs to cut the man-rape attitude.

If whittaker can do something then yzzy leans on his hip/back leg then we have a fight, if not, yzzy will pick him apart

ttt

If the ground game is there, Whittaker leaves with the belt. Izzy is going to lose the title by submission, it’s a matter of time.

I got Izy