Kobe Bryant snaps; calls team 'soft like Charmin'

Despite the Lakers' 6-16 start, Kobe Bryant has remained remarkably zen this year, defying many who believed he'd quickly snap at the team's lack of talent. Outside of an early-season disagreement with Jeremy Lin, the Lakers' superstar has seemed understanding of the team's predicament.

That is, until now. It appears a mundane practice in mid-December finally caused Kobe to hit his breaking point.

Kobe extremely unhappy on the practice court. "Now I see why we've lost so many games. We're soft like Charmin!"
— Mike Bresnahan (@Mike_Bresnahan) December 11, 2014

Kobe yelled to Kupchak while leaving practice court: "These (expletives) aren't doing (expletive) for me." Didn't think team practiced hard.
— Mike Bresnahan (@Mike_Bresnahan) December 11, 2014

Tantrums happen in practices, especially on losing teams. But they often happen outside of the view of the media, who generally only gets to see the very end. It's unclear if there was a specific moment that caused Bryant's anger or if it really was just the team practicing lethargically.

I can see a team with a record like that putting in a half assed effort. Gotta be damn frustrating for a competitor like Bryant. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe his stupid ass should have been like Duncan and taken a pay cut so they can afford more talent. Or scratch that, maybe if he wasn't such a chucker and actually took a backseat in his old age people would want to play with him. Phone Post 3.0

danggook - I can see a team with a record like that putting in a half assed effort. Gotta be damn frustrating for a competitor like Bryant. Phone Post 3.0

He is part of the problem.

Maybe you should take a pay cut so your company can make more money.

not good to see Kobe unravel like that.  I'm sure it's happen before but never this much out in the open.

When it comes to toilet paper softness, only an asshole can tell the difference.

PTM2020 - 

not good to see Kobe unravel like that.  I'm sure it's happen before but never this much out in the open.

Yeah, I would imagine he did it on purpose especially after Magic suggested they tank the season the other day.

Garv - 

When it comes to toilet paper softness, only an asshole can tell the difference.

Very nice

Who would have guessed that a team built around Carlos Boozer and Jeremy Lin would be soft?

Garv -

Flawless Victory Phone Post 3.0

Garv you SOB!!!

LOL. good one

Garv -

Legit!

Kobe has been the root of the problem for YEARS Phone Post 3.0

kingkoopa -
Garv -

Legit!

Kobe has been the root of the problem for YEARS Phone Post 3.0
Are you a Laker fan? Have you watched them over the years? Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup - 
danggook - I can see a team with a record like that putting in a half assed effort. Gotta be damn frustrating for a competitor like Bryant. Phone Post 3.0

He is part of the problem.

Bryant runs off any talented players cause he is a jealous bitch

He deserves to be frustrated ... with himself and by himself

"I'll play with Lebron if I want to have fun. I'll play with Kobe if I want to win ". Larry Bird<br /><br />

dizz - Who would have guessed that a team built around Carlos Boozer and Jeremy Lin would be soft?

This! And lol @ Garv!! Nailed it.

This motherfucker is taking over 5 shots more per game than any other player in the league, is shooting less than 40% from the field and less than 30% from 3, but is taking almost six threes per game. He plays ZERO defense.   Kobe is ABSOLUTELY worse defensively than Jeremy Lin, who is below-average.  Kobe is making nearly $30 million this year, and his insane 2-year, $44 million extension kicks in NEXT SEASON.  The Lakers will be bottom-feeders as long as Kobe is on the team.  His contract handicaps them off the court, and his selfish and poor play handicaps them on the court.

Now with video

https://vine.co/v/O6hOL2IE3Zd

Why do you think he takes so many shots a game? Jordan Hill is the 2nd leading scorer. Think about that.