Kobe Is Not The Best

LMFAO @ all you tools that still think TMac, Iverson, Garnett can even compare to Kobe. Its not even close. Kobe has been so far ahead of everyone in the league for so long but people just have not wanted to admit it. He has been the best for at least the last 5 years.

He has the most complete game of anyone in the league and top that with his competitive nature, his drive, killer instint and how he goes for the kill every time he is on the court.

I just can't understand how anyone can still argue for anyone other than Kobe. Shaq and Duncan may be the most dominate for their size and presence but when its all on the line I will take Kobe every time. He just knows how to get it done and he is the only reason the Lakers win this year, THE ONLY REASON. Without him the lakers are nothing

But I know keep going with the street cred of Iverson and the height of Garnett and all the dunks of T Mac, lol

fuck all you jackasses that don't have a clue about Kobe. and I still hope he and the lakers lose and I think they will to the Spurs

That's odd, I thought I clicked on the thread titled "Kobe Is Not The Best".

He's been steaky as hell lately though.

man everybody knows kobe is awesome what are you talking about?? he's clutch as hell, ballsy, works his ass off, can rebound ok, plays d, can pass, can make shots from anywhere, in short he's the easiest guy in the league to hate lol

Not Iverson, but TMac and Garnett CAN compare to Kobe and it IS close. And if I'm a tool for thinking that, then so be it.

How can say Garnett is not even close to Kobe? Garnett is the MVP. T-Mac had a great season last year, and has led the league in scoring twice in a row.

Here is how I rate the best in the NBA.

1)Kobe
2)Garnett
3)Shaq
4)Kidd
5)Duncan
6)Tmac

sorry, garnett is the best in my opinion

this year, Kevin Garnett was the best player in the NBA.

Unlike Kobe, KG never has games where he actually hurts his team. Kobe hurts his own team fairly often.

Who would you give the ball to in a game winning last shot situation???

I'd take Kobe 10 out of 10 times.

The correct ranking are as follows

1. Duncan
2. Shaq
3. Kobe
4. Garnett
5. Tmac
6. Yao

then a big dropoff

I might put Kirilenko seventh.

This guy makes a thread entitled "Kobe Is Not The Best"

He then goes on in the thread about how Kobe IS the best.

What is he? A fucking idiot?

Are you drunk bro??

"Unlike Kobe, KG never has games where he actually hurts his team. Kobe hurts his own team fairly often."

You sir are correct.

I loved the last Laker v. Spurs game. At the beginning the announcers are both talking about what the two coaches said their teams need to do to win. One of Phil Jackson's points was that Kobe needs to not get caught up in going one on one with Bowen. So of course the first thing Kobe does when he gets the ball is try to go one on one with Bowen. LoL He really is an amazing player and I've watched him burn my Spurs in the playoffs to many times, but I've also watched him shoot the Lakers out of many a game. At times he can be the Lakers own worst enemy.

this thread is correct. The missed shot in regulation was a fluke.

Did anyone see how Kobe took the ball away from the legendary Jim Jackson? And Jackson's pass was fucking blinding, Kobe is a god for picking it off. It's always amazing to watch two hall-of-fame players like Kobe and JJ go at it, two of the highest paid most beloved statesman just getting it on.

And the three point play with the miscommunication and stationary defense by the rockets with the weak foul at the end is what every good b-ball player knows as the "Kobe-defense". Having the man on the ball stand still with help coming late and weakly at the rim is a tried and tested way of stopping superstars, just ask Tony Dumas and Harold Minor, two all-stars who know how to get this shit done. But Kobe rose above, not unlike Jesus on the cross.

Kobe #1 bitches!

"this year, Kevin Garnett was the best player in the NBA."

No he is not, did he get MVP? Yes, did he deserve it? Sure, can he do what Kobe does? No, well at least he has yet to do so

"Unlike Kobe, KG never has games where he actually hurts his team. Kobe hurts his own team fairly often."

WTF? Kobe wants the ball all the time unlike Garnett. Garnett remember has passed up a lot of shots in the 4th quarter over the last few years, Kobe has never done that. Has Kobe missed shots at the end of games, sure but youcan miss them or fuck up if you don't go for it. Kobe has helped his team win 3 championships, garnett has not

Garnett never had Shaq. Dean Garrett, yes. But he's only 4/5 as good as Shaq.

However, Kobe does admit his true height, instead of trembling and pleading to be classified under a certain height threshold so no one expects him to play a certain way.

Here's the thing, kobe has had the luxury of having shaq and now malone and payton to fall back on. Kobe can have horrible games like he did in the first game of the series, and his team is still in it or possibly winning, and he can turn it up in the fourth quarter and look like the hero. And then, he can even shoot an airball and be bailed out by shaq and nobody remembers it. If Tmac has a game like kobe did in that game, he gets roasted. And nobody remembers the bad three he took near the end of regulation in game four, or the free throw that he missed. He had like three chances to put the game away in regulation but he didn't do it. In ot he put together a couple baskets to finally put the game away. Steve Francis was at least equally impressive at the end of regulation to bring houston to ot.

I'm not singling kobe out for making these human mistakes. I know all players go through things like this. I'm just saying that so does kobe.

Give TMac, Duncan, or garnett 3 hof teammates and some solid role players like fisher, fox, and walton, and I'd like to see what they could do. Hell, duncan and a shadow of david robinson won the championship last year and sent kobe home crying. And I pick duncan to do it again this year with rasho nestorivic taking over for david robinson's shadow.

Kobe plays next to 3 hall of famers, 1 still in his prime, the other to still very productive. The 4 years before that he's played next to one hall of famer.

T-Mac has played with, uh, nobody. I can't think of an all-star next to him these past few years.

Garnett had the mighty all-star talent of Wally Szczerbiak. No hall of famer there.

Duncan hasn't played next to an all-star since Robinson's last one in what, 2000? 2001 maybe?

"I'd take Duncan over Kobe."

Slick - I would too

"Here's the thing, kobe has had the luxury of having shaq and now malone and payton to fall back on"

LMAO, try the other way around. LA doesn't win any of the championships without Kobe and the Pacers would have gotten LA with just Shaq.

Shaq never did shit without Kobe but this thread isn't about that. Its about Kobe being head and Sholders above everyone else. He simply produces more times than not in the clutch, no one else is doing that in the NBA right now other than him. You could throw Duncan in there though.

"T-Mac has played with, uh, nobody. I can't think of an all-star next to him these past few years."

there is always some excuse, fuck how plays with who, Kobe produces when its all on the line, TmAc and others don't do, if they do its not nearly as much as Kobe. we will see just how far Garnett has come next seriers

"Duncan hasn't played next to an all-star since Robinson's last one in what, 2000? 2001 maybe?"

LOL, most dog Duncan also but as I said in my first post minus Duncan and Shaq for their size and dominate presence. Kobe is the most complete player and the guy you want to end a game every time

"LMAO, try the other way around. LA doesn't win any of the championships without Kobe and the Pacers would have gotten LA with just Shaq."

Its not the other way around, it goes both ways. Kobe can rely on the others when he's not doing well (game 1), and they can all rely on kobe when they're not doing well etc. (game 2 when shaq had 7 pts).

"Shaq never did shit without Kobe but this thread isn't about that."

and what has kobe done without shaq, besides the horrible start to the 2002-2003 season? Oh yeah, I forgot, the lakers weren't built around kobe. But as a wise man once said on the og nba forum

"there is always some excuse, fuck how plays with who" :)

I believe shaq was at least able to lead a team to the nba finals.

Its about Kobe being head and Sholders above everyone else. He simply produces more times than not in the clutch, no one else is doing that in the NBA right now other than him. You could throw Duncan in there though. "

I guess we'll have to hope kobe leaves the lakers and goes to a situation more similar to the ones that tmac, kg, ai and the rest are in. Then we can see if he really is head and shoulders above the rest, or if its just because he's riding on shaq's back.