Kobe is the most inspirational athlete ever?

And he doesnt take no for an answer!

jaywill -

And he doesnt take no for an answer!

Dem panties

Ever? Wrong 

Matt Barnes has put OP on ignore.

He didn’t respond to my genuine reach out on instagram when I was seeking his expert advice. Fuck him. :)

Not sure what’s so inspirational about his career. He was blessed with height, athleticism and a work ethic. He made good use of it and had an exceptional basketball career. Sure he is one of the greatest basketball players of our generation, but what has he done to inspire?  

Hocky -

Matt Barnes has put OP on ignore.

Underrated post here

Damaynevent -

Not sure what’s so inspirational about his career. He was blessed with height, athleticism and a work ethic. He made good use of it and had an exceptional basketball career. Sure he is one of the greatest basketball players of our generation, but what has he done to inspire?  

Work ethic isn't a gift. But being the son of an NBA/ABA player was. 

Damaynevent -

I didn't know you could be blessed with a work ethic. So if you're lazy it's because you weren't blessed with a good work ethic?

VinegarStrokes -
Damaynevent -

Work ethic isn't a gift. But being the son of an NBA/ABA player was. 

Being the son of a pro player really means fuck all unless you utilize being in the environment and taking advantage of having every opportunity given to you. I know from experience.

William H Macy -
Damaynevent -

I didn't know you could be blessed with a work ethic. So if you're lazy it's because you weren't blessed with a good work ethic?

I was mainly talking about his height and athleticism, just added work ethic because it’s one of those things he was known for. 

inspirational? Come the fuck on....

We all know it's MJ.

Damaynevent -
William H Macy -
Damaynevent -

I was mainly talking about his height and athleticism, just added work ethic because it’s one of those things he was known for. 

I think everyone has some type of inspiration . Lots of people look up to
Kobe because he did work so hard and that's basically what he's known for, nobody has ever out worked him.

Demanded a trade to start his career on draft night.

Had a top 3 all time big man and player with greatest peak in history for 3 titles of which he won no FMVP.

Demanded a trade when things were tough in LA, gave up a 3-1 series lead once and only shot 3 times in the second half of the deciding game 7 because he was upset.

Went 6-24 in a game 7 finals they managed to win in spite of kobe, not because of him.

Not that clutch at all in game winning situations, but has a great highlight reel so people don't care that he shot such a worse percentage on game winners compared to virtually every other all time great.

And of course there is a host of awesome stuff too. He's overrated if you include him as a top 10 all time player, but if you understand his career puts him in the 12-18 range then he is properly ranked and appreciated commiserate with his talent, situation, and production.

RenzoStudent2004 - Demanded a trade to start his career on draft night.

Had a top 3 all time big man and player with greatest peak in history for 3 titles of which he won no FMVP.

Demanded a trade when things were tough in LA, gave up a 3-1 series lead once and only shot 3 times in the second half of the deciding game 7 because he was upset.

Went 6-24 in a game 7 finals they managed to win in spite of kobe, not because of him.

Not that clutch at all in game winning situations, but has a great highlight reel so people don't care that he shot such a worse percentage on game winners compared to virtually every other all time great.

And of course there is a host of awesome stuff too. He's overrated if you include him as a top 10 all time player, but if you understand his career puts him in the 12-18 range then he is properly ranked and appreciated commiserate with his talent, situation, and production.

My favorite non-rape Kobe moment is when he demanded a trade, then said, "I'm taking Sasha with me!"

RenzoStudent2004 - Demanded a trade to start his career on draft night.

So when you Shaquille was the most dominant biggest man who was the the sg? I swears to bawdy if you say vc I'm not going to slap you.

William H Macy - 
RenzoStudent2004 - Demanded a trade to start his career on draft night.

So when you Shaquille was the most dominant biggest man who was the the sg? I swears to bawdy if you say vc I'm not going to slap you.

Probably Kobe. But he averaged 15 or so points in the first three peat finals and did much more in the next 2, but still not nearly as much as Shaq. I would argue if you put Tmac in his place the results would have been identical.

Furthermore people seem to pretend like the Kings didn't get screwed out of a title and the kobe/shaq count shouldn't be lowered by 1. It was fixed games, 1 in which kobe elbowed and broke bibby's nose, but there was no call as bibby lay motionless and bleeding.

Lakers also shot 20 more free throws in the 4th quarter alone!!! than the kings in the deciding game of which they barely won. It was fixed, the entire sports world was up in arms at the time including Bill Walton and sports writers, Tim Donaghy came out and said it was fixed, and it was the most major topic of conversation for weeks after about how disgusting and obvious the fix was.

But time heals all, people romanticize everything about the past, and winning has a way of making people forget everything.

Anyone with a brain though knows that the lakers should not have had a three peat and were gifted it via blatant rigging. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

Kobe should have 4 rings to his name, 2 of which he had no FMVP and another in which he shot 6-24 in a deciding game 7, but they still won.

Not a top 10 player, still an all time great.

Tim Duncan for modern era 

same number of rings. 2 MVPs, 4 years of college 

ltr