Kodi

Finally got an email from internet provider to knock it off.

Ill oblige for now. Wanting to get a cheaper modem/router with vpn capabilities.

Point me in the right direction?

Unfortunately the one I have now is included and after checking around online you cant add a vpn

No shit? First I've ever heard of this happening from using Kodi. What exactly did the communication say? Fuck them I'd change providers.

Not only have I never received a letter, I have actually had conversations about it with their head tech guy. They only do internet, not cable, so they give zero fucks. For a small Montana company they are are ahead of the curve in understanding how their service is used and which direction the game is going.

I've never heard of a Kodi user having problems. Downloading/warehousing content is different than just streaming. Streaming is gray area legally. Storing content is not.

Agent of Chaos - Finally got an email from internet provider to knock it off.

Ill oblige for now. Wanting to get a cheaper modem/router with vpn capabilities.

Unfortunately the one I have now is included and after checking around online you cant add a vpn

Are you streaming or downloading?  Never heard of this happening for streaming.

6 Late Hammerfists -

Yeah it's about time you stopped stealing . Buy your media off iTunes and stop being such a drain on the system.

Haha i bet you're cool at parties.

cfochs -

Havent downloaded anything. Just been using exodus on the box. We have spectrum and i had watched a couple of episodes of rick and morty. I thought maybe because it was more current? We usually just watch old flicks on there.

Were you using an app in Kodi that used torrents?  That's the only time I've seen similar problems.  If you're using something like Exodus or similar where it's being downloaded from a link this normally isn't an issue.

Ok I guess you responded right before I posted.  That's strange.  Maybe they are watching your traffic more than they should be.  What company do you have internet with?

Paulbtk - No shit? First I've ever heard of this happening from using Kodi. What exactly did the communication say? Fuck them I'd change providers.
Dear Internet Customer;

It has been brought to our attention that your Internet service was recently used to improperly copy or share copyrighted content such as music, movies, video or software using Peer-to-Peer or Torrenting software.

As an Internet Service Provider, Charter Communications, doing business as Spectrum, is obligated to comply with copyright laws, as expressly stated in our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP): help.twcable.com/twc_misp_aup.html. By using Spectrum’s services, you agreed to this AUP. It is possible that this activity has occurred without your permission or knowledge by a minor who may not fully understand copyright laws, by an unauthorized user, or even as a result of a computer virus.

Agent of Chaos -
Paulbtk - No shit? First I've ever heard of this happening from using Kodi. What exactly did the communication say? Fuck them I'd change providers.
Dear Internet Customer;

It has been brought to our attention that your Internet service was recently used to improperly copy or share copyrighted content such as music, movies, video or software using Peer-to-Peer or Torrenting software.

As an Internet Service Provider, Charter Communications, doing business as Spectrum, is obligated to comply with copyright laws, as expressly stated in our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP): help.twcable.com/twc_misp_aup.html. By using Spectrum’s services, you agreed to this AUP. It is possible that this activity has occurred without your permission or knowledge by a minor who may not fully understand copyright laws, by an unauthorized user, or even as a result of a computer virus.
That was the beginning. Then blah blah blah stop at once etc.

I assume its refering to peer to peer? Isnt that the streaming?

Plus we juat got kodi maybe a month ago and have been watching only using exodus.

So i assumed that must be the issue. The only other person in my house is my gf and she would not know what to do to download a torrent.

garythekid -
Agent of Chaos -
cfochs -

Havent downloaded anything. Just been using exodus on the box. We have spectrum and i had watched a couple of episodes of rick and morty. I thought maybe because it was more current? We usually just watch old flicks on there.

I have spectrum and only stream with exodus. I guess I should be expecting some email now huh...

Not sure but wanted to give the heads up just incase. What are the chances of it being a virus?

garythekid -
Agent of Chaos -
garythekid -
Agent of Chaos -
cfochs -

I have spectrum and only stream with exodus. I guess I should be expecting some email now huh...

Not sure but wanted to give the heads up just incase. What are the chances of it being a virus?

That the email is a virus?

Its possible. Some words are misspelled. Idk. It doesnt appear to have any specific info besides my email.

vpn

Aren't their some links even within Exodus that work as P2P? I thought when I first got set up that people told me which link sources to avoid.

Caladan - Aren't their some links even within Exodus that work as P2P? I thought when I first got set up that people told me which link sources to avoid.

I've read that somewhere before, but I'm not sure what those links are.

The Popeye - vpn
Working on that. Have to get a new router. I dont believe you can install vpn on firebox