Kondo vs. Shannon Ritch 6/22

i think shannon is a good warm up fight to get ready for Silva. LOL

Seems like they(Pancrase) might be just bringing him in to lose.I know that sounds bad but it`s what I think.

I hope Shannon Ko's Kondo and then Silva.

wait...when are kondo and silva fighting?

LMAO @ everyone saying "Imagine if Shannon wins!"

You really think that's a motherfucking possibility? The only way Shannon wins is if Kondo tears his ACL in the first 5 seconds.

"Seems like they(Pancrase) might be just bringing him in to lose.I know that sounds bad but it`s what I think."

You've gotta be kidding! I thought they were trying to make an evenly matched fight!

I didn't think there was any matchup for Kondo that wouldn't make me excited to see him fight, but this one proved me wrong.

Fuck.

Kondo vs. Silva is 8/15.

one of these days shannon is going to win one of these fights due to sheer randomness and probability

How is he the clown? He has big minerals to get in there with the likes of Kondo.

He may not have much of a chance but this is mma and anything can happen.

Go Cannon.

Good luck Shannon,.

good luck to shannon but this may be the ugliest flying knee ever...

Anything can happen in MMA.

Good luck Shannon!

Shannon is the Ultimate Journeyman. Everyone knows his reputation so he gets the call to be their tune up fight.

If Shannon can take it to the ground he just may have a chance for a sub or some G&P off a sweep.

Good luck to the Cannon.

It's an apparent mismatch but meh, as long as he comes to fight he could get lucky.

I think this place would actually explode if he pulled off a high kick and got the KO.

i wish shannon nothing but the best. i really do.
i just hope he doesn't get hurt too bad.

ttt for the cannon

LOL @ mad tiger

The only way this fight is going to the ground is if Kondo wants it there. And he likely will. He usually doesn't punish overmatched opponents too badly. He takes them down and submits them. Probably something he carried over from the old school Pancrase days, when newcomers were often matched with top established stars to give them experience, and the stars would toy with them before submitting them. It would give the star an easy win and keep him active, and it would give the young fighter some much needed experience. Kondo still has that mentality when fighting in mismatches. He doesn't go out to hurt his opponent. So, at least Shannon won't be dying in the ring. He'll be submitted (or he'll tap from strikes) instead.

Let me reiterate: Shannon has NO chance. Steve Heath is 20x the fighter Shannon is, and Kondo destroyed him less than 3 months ago. Shannon has nothing on Kondo. Punching, kicking, knees, takedowns, clinch, top game, guard, submissions, nothing. Not even experience.

why do people insist on who wins or not?

Both guys are coming to fight and that is the main concern.

Ryan G acts like a guy who thinks he knows everything to fighting, but has never stepped into the ring before.

"why do people insist on who wins or not?"

"Both guys are coming to fight and that is the main concern."

Not to me it isn't. This fight is a complete mismatch and like I Can't Fight said, it is worthless. Pancrase could've found a better opponent for a warm-up fight. Like last time with Steve Heath. That was a perfect opponent for Kondo to keep busy against. Shannon Ritch won't even be a challenge for him.

"Ryan G acts like a guy who thinks he knows everything to fighting, but has never stepped into the ring before."

Nice one. You are forum member #4672045 to use that excuse, and about half of those times it's been used to back up Shannon.

It doesn't take a genius to recognize how bad of a mismatch this is.

"Shannon has NO chance"

How quickly everyone forgets Danny Lafever Ko'ing Benji Radach.

Anyone who steps in the ring has a chance.

lol At anyone having an "easy" time trying to sub the cannon.

Ritch by heelhook rd.1