Kongo & Marrerro: BJJ proof

Marrero fought well, but he really needs to train some proper BJJ. His side control was ugly. There we?re so many options available for him but he seemed clueless. Great heart though and congrats to him!

Melo DOES know more BJJ than he showed.

1st UFC jitters, imo

He played it smart,if he went for a submission and lost it..THEN he would be on the bottom and risk getting punches rained down on him.He stayed on top and controlled the fight from start to finish...

I agree 100%. Neither guy had any idea what to do once the fight hit the ground.

carmelo did what he had to, how can you guys say he didnt know what to do, he didnt take many chances i agree, he went there to win! i can only imagine what you guys would be saying about him if he lost, we are defending him because he stepped up and won when he wasnt supposed to, the guy is a warrior!!

Melo won an advanced division in NAGA with three submissions.

So I think it's "had any idea what to do once the fight hit the ground."

Mello came to The HardCOre Gym with exactly 3 weeks to prepare. We took out the strikeing and took out the Jits. He had a very simple plan, TD and G&P. Gut out a win. Guess what he did it.

Adam

I wonder why we don't get this thread about Mark Hunt?

Similar situation, IMO.
Must depend who's dick is up you mouth.

Oh, and I would bet Morrerro would fuck up the guys who gave most of you your raging blue belts.

He probably was picked to get KOed by Kongo.

Think about it...the promoters knew how much he weighed, and how big he was. They wanted Kongo to take this with a KO that would set him up for Sylvia.

Marrero fought smart, and fought to his strength. He's trying to beat a guy who's got alot of size on him and pulled off a huge upset victory. This was CM's first fight in the UFC, he had 3 weeks to prepare for it, and pulled the upset victory. CM HAS trained BJJ, and Im sure in the future you will get to see his skills as he shakes off the jitters and gets more time to prepare for his fights.

good job CM

3 weeks is only 2 weeks of training. How is that enought to peak for a fight and train for an opp.
Adam

"am i the only one who thinks 3 weeks is enough notice? shouldnt fighters at this level be training year round?"

How many guys have you gotten ready for UFC? PPVS? Big fights?