Kongo vs Hunt Set for UFC 144 In Japan

Looks like Kongo has an opponent, Mark Hunt.

They will fight in Japan at UFC 144.

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2011/11/17/ufc-144-%E2%80%93-cheick-kongo-draws-mark-hunt-on-february-25th-in-saitama-japan/

What a terrible fight. Kongo will shoot takedowns all day. Phone Post

adcc hunt all day.

Though this will be marketed as a (strikers delight) and "somebody's going down in this one" this will more than likely be Kongo's chance to have an exhibition in his improving wrestling game with perhaps the reemergence of his vicious GnP. I'd be more than happy to see Hunt land a counter uppercut to the double though

Hunt looked to have some improved ground agains Rothwell. I dont think a Kongo TD is automatic.

Master of Cool -  Hunt looked to have some improved ground agains Rothwell. I dont think a Kongo TD is automatic.

agreed

Master of Cool -  Hunt looked to have some improved ground agains Rothwell. I dont think a Kongo TD is automatic.

This!

Yea Hunt looked good and would have looked great in any other part of the country. Altitude f'ed both of them up in that fight. Phone Post

It makes sense to make a freakshow fight for the Japanese. When in Rome, amirite?

This should be K-1 rules, then it would be a fun fight to watch.

Kongo will be shooting all day in this one.

sounds like a fun match

I don't know why Kongo is EVER billed as a striker when he almost never stands with anyone.

orcus - I don't know why Kongo is EVER billed as a striker when he almost never stands with anyone.
He sure stood with Pat Barry.  

The fight Hunt can watch tape on Kongo vs Mitrione will help him out greatly. He knows a passive stand-up will only help Kongo's clinching and GnP game. I think this will be a good fight, cheering for Hunt, but Kongo is the favorite in my view.

AHHHHHH BIGERU BLACKUMON VERSUS HUNTO!!!!!

blue_tape_39 -  What a terrible fight. Kongo will shoot takedowns all day. Phone Post

quite possible, if he does stand it will be a great fight

i like this fight

Would have rather seen Nelson/Kongo but Kongo/Hunt for Japan isnt bad.

Edgar/Bendo LW title
Rampage vs Forrest, Shogun/Hendo loser possibly
Akiyama/Shields
Okami/Boetsch
Lauzon/Pettis
Kongo/Hunt

Thats not a bad looking card and they can possibly still add Gomi, Hioki, Omigawa, Fukuda.