Kos is gonna WRECK Semtex!!!!

Dana has them hyping the fight up extra extra for two reasons:

1) Machida/Shogun is a rematch of a fight that was less-than-exciting the first time around and did low PPV numbers and low ticket sales, so they want this to have some legs for the event. I think they're counting on this being FOTN.

2) it's a #1 contender fight, the more press, headlines, articles, discussions, website threads, etc that come from this, the more familiar and emotional people are about Kos and Daley when the fight with GSP comes up.

also, he said "he's a D1 wrestler which I think is a pretty big deal in America, it doesn't mean shit all else in the UK but yeah in America it's a big deal"...what he's saying is that they don't have the same structure in the UK so he doesn't have anything to relate it to and doesn't know exactly what it means, but he understands that it's a big deal and big accomplishment. which has an entirely different connotation than what you were trying to make it seem.

"Daley is a fish out of water. Watch the Daley/Shields fight"

I dont think Daley is that bad on the ground to be honest. Shields is a monster grappler

However i think Koscheck will look more impressive on the ground than Shields in this fight. Shields doesnt have any real G&P so its much easier to survive against a pure grappler

Koscheck has some sick G&P when he turns it on. I think he will bash Daleys face in with elbows from halfguard stacked up against the cage

HEMLOCK_IS_GREATER_THAN_BACON - 
OzLoco - 
Grouchy - All the brits can do is talk tho...they got no real skills...look at their posterboy Bisping. All he did was talk about Hendo...then he got decapitated by him.

All Hardy did was talk. His mouth put up more of an offense than his fists did in that fight with GSP.

Daley will fall the same way. They're desperae to grab 15 minutes of fame cause thats all they're ever gonna get

fuckin hate limeys...

Grasp of the English language aside...

Hardy and Swick 'talked'.

Hardy and Davis 'talked'.

Hardy and Markham 'talked'.

Hardy and Reiner 'talked'.

Not sure the US vs UK ratio is working out all that well for ya in that case.

Then there's Bisping...

He's knocked off Leben, McCarthy, Hamill, Scafer and Haines with losses to Evans and Hendo.

Not a UK fan, but...MMAMath.

Bisping didn't knock off Hamill and he ran to MW to avoid a rematch.

THE REMATCH WAS SCHEDULED FOR UFC 78 - HAMILL (YES, HAMILL) WAS THE ONE THAT PULLED OUT, FORCING THE CHANGE OF OPPONENT TO RASHAD.

Get it right.

Cheers HIGTB.

To be honest, I had Hamill over Bisping. As I said, not a fan of The Count. Seems like a nice enough guy out of the ring, but I think, to an extent, he's a product of UFC's attempted European market penetration.

Likewise, Hardy was never ready to face GSP. The kid is great, but just not in the same ballpark.

Hopefully - eventually - MMA gets past the "my country is better than yours" bit.

Then again, it makes the arguments all the more fun ;)

OzLoco - 

Hopefully - eventually - MMA gets past the "my country is better than yours" bit.

Then again, it makes the arguments all the more fun ;)
You see, I for the most part think it has gotten past that point. 

People love Wanderlei, GSP, Shogun, Saku, etc.

If your a great fighter and typically good with fans, you will be popular regardless of where you come from.

Bisping is not a great fighter and I have heard he can be both hot and cold with fans and people.

So at that point he is mainly driven by marketability in an area where the UFC is trying to really build up the hype (Europe).

Either way, I dont really care as explodingboy or bantheUKnoobs just provide a glimsp of what I strive not to become; a non objective MMA fan! 

^^^ Agree.

This thread is exactly why I come to this place day after day...

and yes. Fuck GSP AND his personal goddamn chef.

BanTheUKmmaNoobs - 
OzLoco - 
Grouchy - All the brits can do is talk tho...they got no real skills...look at their posterboy Bisping. All he did was talk about Hendo...then he got decapitated by him.

All Hardy did was talk. His mouth put up more of an offense than his fists did in that fight with GSP.

Daley will fall the same way. They're desperae to grab 15 minutes of fame cause thats all they're ever gonna get

fuckin hate limeys...

Grasp of the English language aside...

Hardy and Swick 'talked'.

Hardy and Davis 'talked'.

Hardy and Markham 'talked'.

Hardy and Reiner 'talked'.

Not sure the US vs UK ratio is working out all that well for ya in that case.

Then there's Bisping...

He's knocked off Leben, McCarthy, Hamill, Scafer and Haines with losses to Evans and Hendo.

Not a UK fan, but...MMAMath.

Bisping didn't knock off Hamill and he ran to MW to avoid a rematch.

THE REMATCH WAS SCHEDULED FOR UFC 78 - HAMILL (YES, HAMILL) WAS THE ONE THAT PULLED OUT, FORCING THE CHANGE OF OPPONENT TO RASHAD.

Get it right.
Hamill offered to take the fight at UFC 83 or 84 after his injury.. Bisping decided to run to MW and fight Charles McCarthy.

Get it right.

No fucking class whatsoever: you can't admit that he was willing to do the rematch, and you lied about Hamill offering to fight him at UFC 83 or 84.

Show me a link to where he said that.

LOL @ Kos winning by brutal GNP.

Daley has never been stopped on strikes and Kos wont be the first.

EckY - LOL @ Kos winning by brutal GNP.

True but then again he has never fought anyone who actually has decent G&P

Thats why I said choke.

Kos gets the TD, eventually working towards full mount. 

Kos will start to rain down some shots until Daley rolls giving up his back at which point Josh will work for, and eventually sink, a RNC.

Not that hard to predict!

I may need to engage in my first sig bet, soley based on how much I dislike arrogant AKA douche-bags..

~ Until Garden Hose.

Seems very similar to Kos' last fight with Rumble, I'd imagine the same outcome in this fight

This is a perfect match for Kos... He better not get to cocky and try to stand with Daley because that has disaster written all over it.

HYBRID JON has slammed the correct on its fucking head!!!

josh by smear the queer

puddlesmith - Seems very similar to Kos' last fight with Rumble, I'd imagine the same outcome in this fight

Except that if he stands with Semtex for as long as he did with Rumble, get ready for takeoff... because someone's getting launched.

PJ Benn Fan - 

Thats why I said choke.
Kos gets the TD, eventually working towards full mount. 
Kos will start to rain down some shots until Daley rolls giving up his back at which point Josh will work for, and eventually sink, a RNC.

Not that hard to predict!

Thats great, I was responding to the OP though.

Kos can win by decision or sub but if he stands for any considerable length of time hes getting sent into orbit, thats a fact.

3 days left....

This is gonna be brutal.....

ttt