Kos vs. Hughes mismatch is like....

Hughes vs. Royce mismatch, although Royce actually had a slight slight chance.

I'm not a Kos fan, but what in the holy hell could Hughes pull out of his ass to win that fight?

Kos beats Hughes IMO

ZERO interest in it and I am a huge Kos fan!

Why call out a fighter who's not even in the top 5 anymore?   pretty WEAK move by Koscheck.

NHB USA -  Why call out a fighter who's not even in the top 5 anymore?   pretty WEAK move by Koscheck.

Most guys who go to sports bars and watch UFCs probably think Matt Hughes is still the champion.

A win over him by Kos would serve almost as a "passing of the guard" and get Kos some more notoriety amongst the plebains.

thats a good fightyou're crazy if you don't sill think Hughes is dangerous

Of course I think Hughes is still dangerous, the guy just tooled Matt Serra at will.  I just don't want to see Koscheck calling out opponents that have lost to fighters' he's lost too.  It's a low blow at the end of Matt's career and is Kos that blind to realize Joe Silva is not going to make that fight happen?  How many years has he been asking for the fight he said?

Tom Lawlor - 
NHB USA -  Why call out a fighter who's not even in the top 5 anymore?   pretty WEAK move by Koscheck.

Most guys who go to sports bars and watch UFCs probably think Matt Hughes is still the champion.

A win over him by Kos would serve almost as a "passing of the guard" and get Kos some more notoriety amongst the plebains.

tom you have a way with words my fren

Hughes simply can't handle the speed of these new guys. He lost a step some time ago and i am huge fan of his so I am not bashing.

" Why call out a fighter who's not even in the top 5 anymore?  "

Who are the top 5 at 170 if Hughes is not one of them?

GSP

Fitch

Alves

?

I don't think Kos meant any disrespect.

If anything, I bet he considers Hughes to be an honor to fight and a huge challenge at this point in his career.

Why did Hughes fight Royce?