Koscheck out of Bellator 158, Lima to face Daley

http://www.espn.co.uk/mma/story/_/id/16006760/josh-koscheck-withdraws-bellator-158-douglas-lima-face-paul-daley

A welterweight grudge match between Josh Koscheck and Paul Daley will have to wait, as Koscheck has withdrawn from a scheduled rematch July 16.

Former Bellator champion Douglas Lima has agreed to fill in for Koscheck and now will face Daley at Bellator 158 inside O2 Arena in London, Bellator officials confirmed to ESPN.com.

The loss of Koscheck (17-10) is a blow to the card, as the 38-year-old was scheduled to make his Bellator debut. He was supposed to fight for the promotion in January, but was forced to pull out of that event as well, due to injury.

No reason for this withdrawal was immediately given.

In addition to being Koscheck's Bellator debut, the bout with Daley (38-13-2) represented a rivalry that dates back to 2010, when the two fought under the UFC banner.

Koscheck defeated Daley via unanimous decision. After the bout, Daley sucker punched him well after the bell. The UFC ultimately cut Daley from its promotion for his actions.

Lima (26-6) hasn't fought since he surrendered the Bellator 170-pound title to Andrey Koreshkov last July. He is 8-2 overall in the Bellator cage.

Lima was originally scheduled to face Chidi Njokuani at Bellator 156 on June 17. Njokuani is expected to receive a new opponent.

Damnit Phone Post 3.0

This better be bullshit...Meh, injury is injury. It is what it is. Eso Si Que es. Socks.

It's Taz, so I know it's legit. Which sucks,.

I've been waiting to see lima vs daley way to long so this works for me Phone Post 3.0

Pulled out in Secor too. Cmon kos Phone Post 3.0

Lame Phone Post 3.0

We get a better fight so I'm happy. Phone Post 3.0

brahmabull81 - He honestly seemed terrified of Daley at that press thing they did. Not surprised at all he pulled out. Phone Post 3.0
I really don't believe that. He's getting up there in age and injuries happen. Phone Post 3.0

brahmabull81 - He honestly seemed terrified of Daley at that press thing they did. Not surprised at all he pulled out. Phone Post 3.0

He already fought and beat Daley, along with Rumble Johnson, so I'm guessing he's not scared of Paul now.

He should probably just retire. Phone Post 3.0

Hmmmm that sucks.  Still a good matchup though.  Will watch

Lima/Daley is a much better fight

I'd actually rather see this new fight. Phone Post 3.0

cuttooth -

yeah Phone Post 3.0

Oh Kos be scurred, big time Phone Post 3.0

cuttooth -

Wow this fight is 10x better Phone Post 3.0

Fuck. That will be a good contest. Phone Post 3.0