koscheck should have had point deducted

i think now people are realizing that this "fake injury" tactic is prevelant in combat sports (koscheck, hughes direll (YES))...

if on   the replay it is clear that afighter is faking an injury to gain an advantage, he should be docked a point

Who cares, he wins decision in obvious ass whipping either way.

I agree. It could be difficult to enforce, but if a replay shows a blatant attempt to cheat by faining injury then a point should be deducted.

Agreed. Bush league move by Koscheck. And it's not the first time he's done it.

SO THE FACT THAT DALEY CONSCIOUSLY AND MALICIOUSLY TRIED TO KNEE A GRUONDED OPPONENT IN THE FACE IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE?

Fact: Daley thew a knee to the face of a grounded opponent

Even if it only grazed Kos, it is still highly illegal and extremely unsportsmanlike. On that alone Kos should be allowed to take a breather. If the knee inflicted ANY damage whatsoever, no matter how miniscule, it is still a flagrant foul and should be treated as such.

Eeeediots.

Deduct a point and re-start the fight back in the same position

goku -  i think now people are realizing that this "fake injury" tactic is prevelant in combat sports (koscheck, hughes direll (YES))...

if on   the replay it is clear that afighter is faking an injury to gain an advantage, he should be docked a point<br type="_moz" />

It doesn't work in places where the replay-rule isn't in effect which it isn't in Quebec.

Every other sport has a rule against diving,play acting,unsportsmanlike conduct,delay of game, take your pick.
However I don't believe MMA currently has a rule in place and until it does you can't take a point away unfortunately

Doesn't matter if you're hurt or not. If someone hits you with an illegal shot, you take advantage of it.

it DID land idiot! only one shot in the replay shows that it gazes! it's fucking illegal! thats it! if ya rob the bank and dont get any money, ya still robbed the bank! is it cheap on kos' part? yes! but not as cheap as the shot daley threw after! daley cant stay off his back! get over it nuthuggers!

360 guy - Every other sport has a rule against diving,play acting,unsportsmanlike conduct,delay of game, take your pick.
However I don't believe MMA currently has a rule in place and until it does you can't take a point away unfortunately

Feigning an injury is actually illegal in UFC rules, but it's tough to enforce as mentioned above. I'd like to see it, and passivity, result in more point deductions. I'm thinking of A. Silva vs Maia and this fight.

It wouldn't have altered the outcome in either case. But, at least we don't have the embarassment that comes from athletes going unpunished for this kind of garbage.

TH

UFC Rules

Fouls:

24. Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.

29. Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.

How could miragliotta definitively prove the knee didn't land?

Not taking a point away from either fighter was the right decision.

HereWeAre - How could miragliotta definitively prove the knee didn't land?

The replay was definitive enough for him to rescind the point deduction, so it should be proof enough to punish Wilson for trying to cheat.

Shit, all of this is already in the rules, so I'm surprised he wasn't deducted a point:

29.Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.

ajsr - 
HereWeAre - How could miragliotta definitively prove the knee didn't land?

The replay was definitive enough for him to rescind the point deduction, so it should be proof enough to punish Wilson for trying to cheat.

The replay-rule doesnt exist in Quebec. Therefor he can't use the replay to punish anyone.

I agree with you Goku. Faking an injury should result in an immediate point reduction. I'd like to see this nipped in the bud before other fighters start to see the advantage in using this strategy.

The shit talking from Koscheck at the end of the fight is also unsporstmanlike and could have been the object of at least a warning.

King Baer - SO THE FACT THAT DALEY CONSCIOUSLY AND MALICIOUSLY TRIED TO KNEE A GRUONDED OPPONENT IN THE FACE IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE?

Fact: Daley thew a knee to the face of a grounded opponent

Even if it only grazed Kos, it is still highly illegal and extremely unsportsmanlike. On that alone Kos should be allowed to take a breather. If the knee inflicted ANY damage whatsoever, no matter how miniscule, it is still a flagrant foul and should be treated as such.

Eeeediots.

+1

This is already in the rule books,
why the judges aren't taking points for it, I don't know.