kos's view on mma and boxing

AVT, tell me how.

VERY SIMPLE ANSWER:

UFC brings something to the table that NO boxing promotion does: UFC brand.

The value of the UFC brand explains much of the perceived differential in value capture between UFC and boxing promotions.

Every PPV, you hear "you gonna watch UFC tonight?"

When have you ever heard, "you gonna watch Top Rank tonight?"

Just checked my MySpace (I have Kos as a friend so I get his bulletins) and this is the latest bulletiin from him...

Subject MY PAGE GOT HACKED
Body: I AM AWARE OF THE PAGE BEING HACKED AND THE BULLETINS POSTED. THIS WILL BE FIXED ASAP..

TO THE PUSSY WHO HACKED MY PAGE, GET A FUCKIN LIFE!! COME TO MY FACE AND SAY THAT SHIT BITCH!!

KOS & PCAMPO

The tragic thing is that the round card girls, commentators, judges and MC get paid each more than most of the fighters.

Imagine how much worse it is on smaller shows.

Kym

I would NEVER join a fighter's union. The free market is the solution to the problem. If fighters do not believe they are being paid their market value by a promotion then they should not fight for them.

If there is as much money to be made in MMA as many believe then promotions will compete with one another to attract the biggest drawing fighters. Undoubtably the major point of competition will be fighters' purses.

correct , mma fighters are getting peanuts to what is being made

frank warren ( massive english boxing promoter ) said the same in the " news of the world " ( sunday newspaper ) that if he pay'ed his fighters what dana does then there would be uproar , he did mention thah they are gettin basically zilch to how much they are makeing .

I would be that the fighters are making enough. They keep signing contracts anyhow.