kotc australia.

Well said Tony. And good luck in the future in other promotions.

This from Justin on another forum "John and I wanted Danny to fight on KOTC, Terry Trebilcock did also. Danny chose to break communication."

Seems Justin is right in the think of things but as soon as shit hits the fan he tries to distance himself from it all.

So Justin offered Higgin/Luke to KOTC. Justin came up with the Oceanic Ttitle. Justin wanted Higgins to fight on KOTC yet he has no decision that Danny be banned form KOTC US. They followed all your other decisions so why not just tell them what to do with their US show and Higgins can keep fighting over there?

Justin sounds like your running KOTC and not John or Terry well thats until something backfires.

See other thread keats.

Justin

In all seriousness this would have to be a fuckin nightmare for the PR of KOTC Australia. "Here is the 1st KOTC show on Australian soil and oh yea by the way we have banned one of your top favorite fighters from fighting in the US."

That is what you called cock blocking ladies and gents!

i beleive we will be getting a statement from KOTC about this.

goes and gets even bigger umbrella and wet weather gear as shitstorm gets even bigger

Unclefu, your correct on the prediction of the weather in this thread, my meter is reading clearly!

Hosted by Tinypic.com

LOL @ MMAKing

Your meter just needs get an umbrella at the end of it ;)

My umbrella will not hold up, =)

aaron_wilson, tony fought the number 3 ranked fighter for the middleweight world title. mansure heidari. he was ranked number 3 for 8 months before tony fought him. after tony beat him. mansure was put into 11th spot. he was not an unranked fighter when tony fought him for the world title. he then fought the fourth ranked middleweight fighter mike seal here in aus. jeremy horn is now in the 185lb rankings. and, tony is fighting the number 4 ranked lightheavyweight for the vacated world title. seth petruzelli. i think you have mixed up tony bonello for danny higgins. danny has not fought a top ten opponent in kotc.

in regards to the whole higgins issue. i recieved a call from terry trebilcock. owner of kotc, usa. he told me he had spoken to danny's coach greg jackson. and, danny had told jackson that he will not fight on kotc down under. trebilcock told jackson he must fight here in aus, if he wanted to pursue a future with kotc. as he had already agreed to fight on the show against pezzutti. he said that he no longer wishes to fight for kotc. so, that was that. danny did not get banned. he chose to quit, before he had actually fought a top ten opponent. which is fine. i'm sure he has a much better plan for himself. and, his future with mma, outside of kotc. look forward to seeing him in either ufc or pride in the near future. proudly representing australia. i wish him all the best for the future.
the final card will be announced on monday.

Thanks for your reply John. I am not getting mixed up with Danny Higgins, its no big deal but when the Bonello/Heidari match was announced I looked and he was ranked 11, that was before the match had taken place, not after. But lets not flog a dead horse over the quality of Bonello's opponents, it has been done to death on here in the past.

One question I still have though is why isnt Bonello the main event considering he is a current belt holder and fighting for another title?

TTT for the rest of the matchups.

Aaron, in case John isn't on in a hurry. All previous times I have used Tony he is just the biggest fan that he simply "wants to watch fights"

I also know that he really wants to see other Australian elevated to a higher level. Originally the information I received was PEZZUTTI v HIGGINS was to headline the event as an Oceanic Title in order to lift the status of the new region and the 2 fighters with FARNISHER v PICKLUM underneath as the main support.

I am sure that everyone will be happy (well no they wont as norm.) with the card. personally I am happy from a fans perspective and also from a manegerial perspective it is allowing some Aussie fighters some BIG opportunities.

The sport is getting intensly hard to promote with the limitted resources and I am happy that KOTC will offer fighter formulised structure and the opportunity for assured growth.

Rather than bitch and gripe I'd Hope to see everyone support this MASSIVE investment in Aussie MMA.

Justin

And how many of these shows have you allready attended? I thought your shooto experience would have given you guys (moreso than anyone) a taste of the calibre of fighter that XFC has to offer.

Justin

anyway answer the question.

You are wielding the sword of "I wont come" so please tell me what events you have been to.

On an athletes skill and there organisation I personally believe that the nurturing of a fighter and progressive matching will infact improve the fighter. I believe that Kyle NOKE is a perfect eg. of that.

But please, let us all know the shows you attended and the ammount you paid for your ticket.

Justin

Re Kyle: As with any fighters there are a lot of factors that go into whether they will be succesful or not and I do believe that progressive, nurturing match-making is a key part of that. I would challenge any respected trainer to get on here and state otherwise.

The relevance is that you claim 'we wont attend' so what I ask is what do you attend? What is your contibution and what do I as a promoter stand to lose by upseting you.

I think you laid it out pretty clear in "None of the above events bring politics into it as far as I can see" paying particular attention to the 'what I can see part".

With me I am 100% honest and blunt to the point that it almost destructive. look at the other events and you will see politics in the form of bias. Warriors Realm as an eg brings in internationals for Integrated martial Arts boys and also they create titles for you guessed it..... Also it's Roberto TRAVEN who gets and international who is also the trainer of the IMA guys...

Spartan.. well they dont bring guys in, however, naturally the fact of having a Shindo aligned referee calling the shots on another shindo fighters match is far from a good thing. Also simply having shindo fighters in the ring really doesn't allow the judges, however, impartial they claim or try to be... previously the promoter trainer reeks of poltical bias much the same as we are seeing with the IMA/ WR scenario due to Shane BALMERS close friendship with Tony GREEN.

I would like to believe that XFC is a level playing field and I am open to debate anything that would have anyone believe otherwise.

Also I am pretty sure you are one of Jamie's guys. I am not sure if you know but I actually matched Jamie in his MMA debut on pancrase and further provided his contact to Kerry DUNNE and also John DONEHUE and pushed for the LIMA match on shooto as it was a gateway for the winner to japan. A gateway that could not have otherwise opened and I know Jamie will be the first to tell you that.

Further Stuart NAIRNE was first booked me on pancrase and I also suggested him as the match for Adrian on Warriors Realm to the promoter.

Hey I can and am often a cunt and I am the first to admit that but I think at the end of the day when you tally up the slate I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone that has done as much for Aussie MMA as I have. My actions are more then often based on friendship and I often foresake personal gain to better serve an athlete.

I do take this seriously and I do play hardball but I really think you will be hardpressed to find anyoe that can say they were burnt by me or used and abused. I wish it could be that the promoters all grew together but it just cant be done we are direct market competitors all striving to book the same fights from a very minute pool of fighters.

Anyway, movies for me now - anyone ever seen Ginger Snaps? Awfully grotesque horro, great stuff IMO.

Justin

"Hey I can and am often a cunt"

Hey look, a comment on this thread that I'm sure everyone agrees with !!

:-)

Tank

Yes Justin, I'm still cut about the pen incident...

Have to agree with Justin here. Just because you don't like the promoter, dont let that detract from supporting mma and more importantly, the fighters themselves. Who goes to the events for the promoters? Dont we go to see the action and support our local fighters? We are so spoilt here in Qld with 6 big events/promotions. But it wont be that way forever.

Please dont let silly politics and things that are usually none of our business anyway, steer people away from supporting our boys - no matter where they fight.

With regards 'Ginger Snaps', seen it. Liked the first, but just watched the second one and it was shit! The first was all about the spunky sister and the second was about the ugly one.........

Love all werewolf movies. The old tv series 'Werewolf' was the best. Great story and effects.

-Dave

It was the second that I just watched Dave, first was really good second was also but not as good.

I think the third comes out soon. Wonder how a little gem like this lay secret for so long..... I am sure some nerd will correct me soon.

That old show was the shizznit! That was the one were the werewolf nice guy was trying to locate the 1st wolf that turned him or something???

Justin

Justin, I think the main problem people have (or I have with you) is the way you bagg fighters (upset fighters),promoters and other peoples shows.

As of even if you don't like Justin still support his shows for the fighters. Great in theory but life doesn't work like that. If you have a business run in your town by a guy you hate/dislike do you still go to him to support his workers or when there are other business in town doing/selling the same product do you go to them instead. Now if you didn't like the Shooto promoter in Melbourne thats a different story as there is only one show in Melb.

Facts are Justin is XFC same as Shane is WR and Kezza and David or Spartan. Same as Pratt is Visy and Gerald Harvey is Harvey and Norman.

"Justin, I think the main problem people have (or I have with you) is the way you bagg fighters (upset fighters),promoters and other peoples shows."

Keats hit the bullseye of correct!