Kratom experience

I've posted in some Kratom threads in the past.  I was at one point in my life on doctor prescribed 120 mg of Oxycodone a day.  I got off of it using Suboxone.

Anyway, I have tried Kratom a handful of times and it has never done anything particularly noticeable.  I always assumed this was due to my prior opiate experience and that my shit was broken.

Maybe a month ago I was reading one of the Kratom threads and someone mentioned a site they had used and liked the product.  I impulse bought a few ounces.  When it showed up, I tried it, and like previous experience, it did nothing as far as I could tell.  However, I tried it again a few nights ago and noticed at some point that I felt a bit euphoric.

This morning I got up with an empty stomach as I hadn't eaten in about 20 hours.  I thought "Eh...let's give this stuff one more try on an empty stomach."  So, I took maybe 3 tablespoons and stirred it into water with a "sweet and low" and drank it while I cooked up some light food.

Once again, I noticed nothing and was sitting at my computer watching some videos.  I said goodbye to my adult son as he left to go over to a friend's house and as I was walking back to my chair, I noticed my eyeballs were shaking around in my head - or at least that was the feeling.

For the next 3 hours, I had to fight off paranoia.  Everything from imagining I was having a stroke to thinking I had some sort of allergic reaction.  It was not the euphoric feeling of opiates.  It was like...my cognitive abilities were left untouched but my body was not responding.  Walking up and down the stairs was a serious challenge.  The world wasn't quite spinning but it was rocking back and forth.

So...yeah, I didn not care for this experience.  Not sure why the same exact product I had tried before had not had any impact yet this time I was kind of freaking out for a few hours.

Overall, I post this just to say...be careful with this stuff.  It's not regulated in any way and you may not know what you are getting unless you grow it yourself.

3 tablespoons is a shitload for one dose. when i take it i usually take 3 tablespoons over 4 hours or so. taking 20+ grams of kratom at once would be like taking 12 shots of alcohol in 1 hour or something. i take red maeng da kratom. i find that white strands make me more jittery like you describe, almost spasms with my eyes and muscles. green makes me more drowsy. red strain had less negatives effects for me. i happy medium i guess. maybe try different strands and dont take more than a tablespoon at a time. 3 tablespoons at once is kind of nuts.

Might not of been kratom that caused it op

As said that’s way to much for starting out.  Going in 2g increments is usually safest bet.

TFK_figure8 - 

As said that’s way to much for starting out.  Going in 2g increments is usually safest bet.

Yeah for sure that's true but I had done that much before with no effect.  Anyway, who knows what I actually ingested.  I should know better than to fuck around with unregulated shit sold over the internet.  It's just not a great idea.

Sounds like you took too much, and you shouldn't take it on a complete empty stomach like that. The best time to take it is  a couple hours after eating. What strain do you have? 

Its Also possible you bought subpar kratom depending on what brand you used, or you dont react well to the strain. I would recommend trying a red vein bali. Choice krarom is my go to brand

![](upload://t9pdx6ggZGvXzRsKojfDxZwRPDx.gif)

That's a pretty big dose.

In....

I dunno...does it also give you guys the power to make awesome threads?  That was not a side effect I was expecting, honestly.

tried it multiple times for pain since doctors “can’t prescribe nothing” now a days and it does jack shit besides upset my stomach

I’ve posted many times my battle with opiates. I’ve been clean for near a decade. Before I got into the big leagues, I was doing 7-8 OC80s a day. I had the tolerance of a horse. 

I’ve worked in the substance abuse field for years. Kratom is bullshit. At best it’s like licking the weakest dose of codeine. 

I understand completely that a 5 day detox is not for everyone. It definitely wasn’t for me. Some people can bungee jump but most can’t. 

If you’re looking to gradually work down. Get on a suboxone treatment (that INCLUDES COUNCELING AND GROUPS AS A RULE) or Methadone Maintaince Treatment (MMT), which requires you to come every morning (till you earn takehomes) and learn how to live in recovery, and gradually step by step work your way down to zero.  

More than the drugs that help ween you off. You need the groups and counseling to learn how to live in recovery. Do a daily inventory everyday and realize where you are. You bit the forbidden fruit. But the gift of sobriety is better. 

BostonCharm -

I’ve posted many times my battle with opiates. I’ve been clean for near a decade. Before I got into the big leagues, I was doing 7-8 OC80s a day. I had the tolerance of a horse. 

I’ve worked in the substance abuse field for years. Kratom is bullshit. At best it’s like licking the weakest dose of codeine. 

I understand completely that a 5 day detox is not for everyone. It definitely wasn’t for me. Some people can bungee jump but most can’t. 

If you’re looking to gradually work down. Get on a suboxone treatment (that INCLUDES COUNCELING AND GROUPS AS A RULE) or Methadone Maintaince Treatment (MMT), which requires you to come every morning (till you earn takehomes) and learn how to live in recovery, and gradually step by step work your way down to zero.  

More than the drugs that help ween you off. You need the groups and counseling to learn how to live in recovery. Do a daily inventory everyday and realize where you are. You bit the forbidden fruit. But the gift of sobriety is better. 

There are tons of stories where ppl credit kratom for helping them get off of opiates. It has worked for many and if given the choice I would take kratom over Suboxone.  I’m not saying it’s for everyone but it’s def not bullshit 

JMO_LOL - 

tried it multiple times for pain since doctors “can’t prescribe nothing” now a days and it does jack shit besides upset my stomach

Yeah, I'm glad you mentioned that.  I had crazy fucking liquid shits (shiquid lits) for about 2 hours.  It was turrrible.  And I was shivering while shitting too.

If people are using this stuff to get off of actual opiods - I think that is awesome.  But for a recreational high, I'm gonna pass on this one.

Altofsky - 

![](upload://t9pdx6ggZGvXzRsKojfDxZwRPDx.gif)

I <3 this.

Just ordered a kilo of gold bali from canada kratom store. prices have gone up a bit but i like them because they lab test their shit. Ya I was doing well regarding my substance use, only drinking once or twice a week and not doing anything else outside those days for the past few months. but the drinkings starting to pick back up again and bought a quarter of weed last week so gonna get back on the kratom again to stop the weed in its tracks as it kills my productivity, workout regimen, and help minimize the drinking as honestly, i prefer the kratom buzz to drinking. and no hangover either. u take 10-15 grams of red, its a nice heroin type buzz whereu can just conk out and just simply laying down on it feels fantastic but with music or shoes/podcasts, its even better. haha cheers. looking forward to feeling that again. will get my kilo tmrw then im gonna sell a bit of it to a buddy to make a little money back. cheers!

So, Doug, let me ask you something...

10-15 grams..  that's all fibrous plant material... does that make you shit like metamucil??

Altofsky - 

So, Doug, let me ask you something...

10-15 grams..  that's all fibrous plant material... does that make you shit like metamucil??

Ya, def. Never had any constipation problems like some ppl complain of with kratom and if anything, all that fiber as u mentioned helps keep me regular and makes ur poo an extra shade of green. cheers.

Kratom has never affected my bowels one way or the other

Things are different for different people, and your experience with things can also change.