Krav Maga or Jiu Jitsu?

I hate you,

I hate you.

Tons

Capoeira sounds like a good fit for you...............

BJJ is for fags anyway.

I ain't trying to get stabbed so I am working towards my urban camo belt in Krav this year.

Cultivate the mind and polish the verbal skills. Keep the Tazer close-by to deal with the druggies and the deaf.

NorthFromHere - Krav Maga for self-defense (and I'm a BJJ/SW/MT/MMA guy)

Agreed, if your looking not to get raped take KM! lol but BJJ is also good but it is limited to how REAL things can get.

I teach both and it's intergrated within Krav Maga,basic goundfighting skills.If you want to fight or MMA you have a separate class with no self defense skills just sportfighting skills

Krav. JJ is a sport, not practical

KM (if you can find a real reputable instructor) for self defense

The key in any art is the instructor and what they bring to the table.Train hard and tactical

BJJ easily. Don't believe the Krav Maga hype. There may be some tough guys and good schools out there but chances are you'll find yourself in a mcdojo.

i always thought krav maga was klingon...

Which one would be more fitting in this "real" situation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC14xyxZ6Jg

NoHo - 
i hate you - As many commandos as possible.

I am going to become a police officer when I finish my degree. I also hang out in a lot of bars where it seems that even if a fight starts one on one it always ends with someone else jumping in.

With a name like i hate you, I have no idea why you're always getting jumped.

i dont get jumped or get in fights. i just know that some people are simply stupid and i get a little paranoid being that i have seen much of the craziness out there first hand.

Not all Krav Maga or BJJ is the same that is why we have the MMA Police

krav maga is what that guy taught in napoleon dynamite.

waveman - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Krav Maga is too deadly. lol.

...Krav Maga sucks.

"jiu Jitsu is a sport" ---You are a retard. Go to any BJJ school and say that, stupid.

With pleasure. Did BJJ for years then discovered eevry position makes you vulnerable. Remember the BJJ Brown Belt who pulled guard on the street & got his ear bitten offthat used to post on here? Pull guard on concrete - and your calling me dumb hahaha

Wow, there is still a lot of bullshit TMA mentallity around.

Im not saying its totally black and white, BJJ doesnt transfer directly to the street and not all Krav Maga sucks, but there is still far too much bullshit about multiple attackers, weapons, MMA techniques not working on the street etc.

BJJ is excellent in a one on one fight(ring, street whatever). THe BJJer can bite, eye gauge etc as well if he wanted too. Yeah you are in a lot of trouble with multiple attackers or weapons, but you would be whatever you knew.

And lol @ BJJ guys default street fight move being "pull guard". Having said that, if you find yourself on your back for whatever reason, guard is better than letting the guy have mount.

Probably another boring troll thread but here we go. Easy answer. Most schools will offer a free class or two. Try both, see which one you like better or suits your needs better. The level of training in Krav Maga can vary greatly from school to school. I see a lot of McDojo type places just slapping the Krav Maga name on a sign. On that same note some BJJ schools may be teaching stuff you may not find too useful, like really complex submissions and sweeps geared towards tournaments. But I think your chances of finding a poor Krav Maga school are much higher then finding a BJJ school that won't focus on fundamentals. If you do pick BJJ make sure they spend a fair amount of time on solid takedowns and throws, because if you really are going to be an LEO, this is the stuff you will need.

waveman - "every position makes you vulnerable (in bjj)"...To What?

Like Rorion said, against multiple attackers you are screwed anyway, at least with Jiu Jitsu you have the best 1:1 self defense available.

And who said anything about pulling guard on the street?

1 0n 1 JJ fail. You try and arm bar me I'll bite your calf off same with most subs. You land in my guard i will grab you by your hair, ears poke your eyes your groin is always exposed. MMA is better than most but is still not reality. JJ is worlds behind. Roll with anything allowed you will see how redundant it is

^ lol ^

What an idiot!