Krishnamurti

What are your favorite books of his. Matt Thornton recommended his readings to me, I just started. I bought "freedom from the known"

Get them all. Search on EBay for some good old ones that you can't get any longer. I never cease to find a compilation I didn't know existed and now have a sizable K. library.

in his best infomercial voice

GET THEM ALL NOW!!!

'Education & The Significance of Life.'

I think this might be one of the few books he wrote, althougth I could be wrong. K talks about 'love' in this book which I noticed he stayed away from later.

Matt and I went saw a speaker this past Sunday who knew Krishnamurti, and answered some questions about him. It was pretty cool.

Enjoy!
Jeff

PS I was able to find this book through www.bookfinder.com

What is his view on love? I have not read to that point yet.

Cassidy,

He just mentions the word 'love' a lot more than in any of his other works I have read. It was one of his earlier books so perhaps later on he used words like 'understanding,' 'truth,' 'awareness,' etc., in place of 'love.'

I also liked this book because he talks about our relationship with children too...

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Cool, I will definately have to buy that one. I am moving to Japan in November so I am trying to get most of his best reads before I move.

I was under the understanding that he didn't relly believe in love. But like I said I have not read enough to come to that conclusion really.

Cassidy,

I would say that K's message is that true love is a product of knowing yourself as you move througout the world. To me his whole work was about love.

The problem with using that word is people attatch a lot of different meanings to it. Like for instance I think a lot of people mistake what I would consider feelings of desire for love.

I'm thinking this is why he stayed away from this word later on?? I gotta go back and take a look at this book tonight to make sure what I'm saying is at least a little accurate. ha, ha

Make sense?
Jeff

That made perfect sense to me. That is sort of what I figured.

Anybody else.

My only suggestion is to find a video tape. He is a fantastic speaker, and what he states is much easier to follow when watching him, as compared to reading a transcript.

There are many tapes on the web you can purchase, including several really good documentarys about his life.

www.straightblastgym.com

Matt:

I have a tape and he is incredibly difficult to listen to. Do you know whether his speech deteriorated towards the end? It's possible that I just got a tape of him speaking near when his speech went south on him.

Ausgepicht,

The footage you have must have been later in his life. On footage I've seen he is very clear and lively.

Cassidy,

I would go with Matt's video suggestion first, but I checked the book I mentioned and it was the first book he wrote specifically for publication (not sure if he wrote any others).

Laterz,
Jeff

Aus, his last few Years he would often speak with 104 temperture. He refused to cancel speaking engagments even though he was very ill. This may be why?

www.straightblastgym.com

I would highly suggest taking a look at the discussions K had with David Bohm. You can find them on videotape. He was an absolutely riveting teacher and speaker.

OK guys where can I find these tapes? I started reading his book, and I really like his way of thinking, it is definately going to help with my college philosophy classes this fall.

"Get them all."

That would cost a lot. I went to his website (http://www.kfa.org), and he has tons of material.

I've only read "Think On These Things" and "Can Humanity Change?".

'Think On These Things' is a pretty good one
to "start" with. That is the first one I read. The
KFA suggests it as an intro type book. I'm
constantly impressed with his stuff.

If you want to know about K's thoughts on love,
"Freedom, Love, and Action" is a good way to go.
-Matt Wilson

"it is definately going to help with my college philosophy classes this fall."

How so?

For the record it's an audio so I can't tell his actual physical state assuming he would "wear" his condition. I wasn't aware that there's actually video.

"Aus, his last few Years he would often speak with 104 temperture. He refused to cancel speaking engagments even though he was very ill. This may be why?"

Thanks for the reminder.

"That would cost a lot. I went to his website (http://www.kfa.org), and he has tons of material. "

I wouldn't suggest youbuy them in one swoop. Perhaps one at a time?

"On Living and Dying"
Would be my recommendation