Kron Gracie preparing for MMA debut Dec 23

Kron looks a lot like Arona

cant wait to see him fight!

PrettyBoy -
Kirik -
MillhouseMMA - "And if you have a mind to make a flippant remark, look for a moment at the image below, and then post respectfully."

How many of those are MMA trophies? Phone Post 3.0

They look to my eye like MMA trophies from Japan, but I really don't know. Anyone train at Kron's that knows?

The big trophies are Rickson's from Pride. Phone Post 3.0
So much better than generic gold belts. Phone Post 3.0

It's a shame he didn't start earlier, because at 26 he's going to be playing catch up in the striking department. Roger Gracie had a difficult time making the transition.

I could see Kron just staying in Japan making good money with the Gracie name instead of going to the UFC and testing himself against the elite level wrestlers. We saw with Aoki how that can work out when he went again Melendez who isn't even one of the elite wrestlers.

MillhouseMMA - 
PrettyBoy -
Kirik -
MillhouseMMA - "And if you have a mind to make a flippant remark, look for a moment at the image below, and then post respectfully."

They look to my eye like MMA trophies from Japan, but I really don't know. Anyone train at Kron's that knows?

The big trophies are Rickson's from Pride. Phone Post 3.0
So much better than generic gold belts. Phone Post 3.0

Rickson preferred getting a belt, however (as per the "Choke" documentary).

Pretty stoked to see how he does in there. He seemed pretty aware and grounded when speaking about Marcello/Maia/Roger in MMA and trying to strike to their detriment (by their own choice or not i.e. not being able to get the TD.) Will be interesting to see the first time he goes against someone he can't take down with better striking and if he can successfully pull guard and get subs since his guard and guillotine are sick.

I think Rickson is trolling everyone. Of course his son will be training all aspects. If he's not that he must have the greatest takedown and control ever in existence if he thinks he's going to win the title.

Filo_Beto - I think Rickson is trolling everyone. Of course his son will be training all aspects. If he's not that he must have the greatest takedown and control ever in existence if he thinks he's going to win the title.

When he was talking about this on the JRE it sounded like he wasn't going to do much cross training and if he did it would be like Rickson did to understand the other techniques better to his advantage.

Tommy Gunnz - lol @ not crosstraining to work on weaknesses and fighting only using bjj. Poor kid is being setup to fail Phone Post 3.0
They won't fail if they make sure to find an opponent with no wrestling or ground skills. Phone Post 3.0

He's training at Diaz /Gil camp, he's got his dad for support / aid. I think he's getting some great training in. Never seen those guys gas. He's getting some crosstraining in for sure. Stand up, wrestling etc. it's all happening. He's not going to be the best standup guy, or wrestler, yet he's not trying to be. He's trying to become an MMA athlete. I think he'll do fine. Phone Post 3.0

Kirik -

Yup. A lot are. Rad flamboyant Pride ones. Makes me feel proud to read this literally as I step out of Kron's academy. I'm very fortunate to learn from both of them. Phone Post 3.0

Topsyjt - He's training at Diaz /Gil camp, he's got his dad for support / aid. I think he's getting some great training in. Never seen those guys gas. He's getting some crosstraining in for sure. Stand up, wrestling etc. it's all happening. He's not going to be the best standup guy, or wrestler, yet he's not trying to be. He's trying to become an MMA athlete. I think he'll do fine. Phone Post 3.0
Thats says alot that Kron would choose diaz/Melendez to train with.... Phone Post 3.0

Filo_Beto - I think Rickson is trolling everyone. Of course his son will be training all aspects. If he's not that he must have the greatest takedown and control ever in existence if he thinks he's going to win the title.

Probably correct.  I remember a quote from Rickson a few years ago admitting that BJJ alone wasn't enough to win consistently with the current MMA ruleset and skill level.  I doubt he would send his kid into the lion's den without the proper tools.

HandyDarsh -
wrestling4life - If he's only training jurist he will not get to the top level. Why haven't they figured it out yet, it's not like when Royce was king you have to evolve Phone Post 3.0
Let the man fight first before saying he will never be a great.
I doubt he is training with the diaz bros because of their bjj/ wrestling. Well maybe some mMa wrestling/cage clinching actually but I'm assuming he will be ready for whoever he fights. Phone Post 3.0
If he is training in all aspect of mma he can be good. But Gracie's are prideful their jiu-jitsu and that could be the downfall. If he goes in their planning on turning it into a jiu-jitsu match he will not be successful, mma has advanced too far for one demential fighters. Phone Post 3.0

So strange. He's obviously working on striking and wrestling with the Cesar guys. Phone Post 3.0

Makes you wonder if Rickson considers wrestling to be part of the core BJJ curriculum? The whole concept is getting people to the mat after all. It’s not like white belt judo or the old front kick + head down shot still works.
If he does – then I 100% agree with what he’s saying. You’re better off spending all of your time at least trying to grapple someone than wanging. Train against other styles to neutralize them rather than to emulate them.
I recall that back in the day Rickson used to compliment Filho and Arona who essentially fought that way.

They're going to give him a tomato can to fight. No doubt.

Kron is going to get crushed by any high level oppts..his naivete and lack of athleticism will hurt him big time..

Well, seems to work for Rhonda...

Be better than anyone at 'one' MMA component of MMA while figuring out & executing extremely effective countermeasures to negate the enemies offensive capabilities.

To hell with just Rhonda this is 100% effective battlefield military doctrine, Sun Tzu, West Point, or the Pentagon.

You can add some of the greats of MMA in this conversation like Chuck Liddell, Randy, Mirko, and say Igor Vovchanchin during their primes. Today the so-called "new breed" are 'not' as skilled in any one part of MMA' as at least 3 of those guys and look what they did. Masters of no trades, jack's of none. Your fooling yourself if you don't think Crocop & Chuck's striking abilities with arguably the best TDD's in MMA history would not be dominant today. Randy was more about a superior strategy & innovative techniques in conjunction with never ever deviating from his battle plan.

I think the grappling match with the chicken noises showed what is going to happen when he can't pull guard or get a takedown the only difference will be the strikes landed.

I want him to win though and can see Kron using the original Diego Sanchez style to win

DisgracieJJ - Kron will fight a few times vs overmatched Japanese fighters and then retire.
Put him into an org like the UFC where he can't pick his opponents and he'll lose. Phone Post 3.0

Pretty much how I see it, too.