Kron Gracie should fight Shinya Aoki

There are two reasons this bout should happen.

The finish in their grappling match was controversial, the ref making a move that could've been misunderstood by Aoki.

Also, Aoki has been jobless for a while. I feel sorry for him because he was a big name when they had PRIDE and Dream. Being a father now, he must be in desperate need of a big pay day.

Aoki is fighting in August, gonna be defending his ONEFC title against Kamal Shalorous.

Although Shinya has been training his MT it has not evolved in such a way that he's gonna pepper Kron on the feet. Also, the main gameplan of the fighters from his gym so far is TD -> GNP -> TKO/UD/SUB.

I don't think that will change so the fight will primarily be contested on the ground. Shinya has world-class grappling, but all know how much of a beast Kron is on the ground.

As far as money goes, the fact that he rejected a UFC deal means that ONEFC is paying him well. Phone Post 3.0

OP, why do you say Aoki is in need of a pay day? I'm pretty sure he is doing just fine? Phone Post 3.0

Lol @ jobless, he turned down the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

tres_equis_666 - Aoki is fighting in August, gonna be defending his ONEFC title against Kamal Shalorous.

Although Shinya has been training his MT it has not evolved in such a way that he's gonna pepper Kron on the feet. Also, the main gameplan of the fighters from his gym so far is TD -> GNP -> TKO/UD/SUB.

I don't think that will change so the fight will primarily be contested on the ground. Shinya has world-class grappling, but all know how much of a beast Kron is on the ground.

As far as money goes, the fact that he rejected a UFC deal means that ONEFC is paying him well. Phone Post 3.0
It would be interesting to see if Aoki implement a game plan against Kron, similar to what his team mate Issa did to Imanari.

That said Kron is on a whole different level than Imanari. Phone Post 3.0

Shalorous is no joke....hopefully,Aoki doesn't break any of his bones. Phone Post 3.0

Aoki coaches at Evolve and is fighting next month in ONE FC.

I doubt he is "in desperate need of a big pay day".

If he was, he probably would have signed with the UFC last year when they offered him a deal.

Aoki is VERY experienced in MMA. It would be unwise for Kron to fight him so quick. He needs to gain experience in the ring/cage first.

Kamal is tough. He could give Aoki a long night with his wrestling and heavy hands. Phone Post 3.0

Kron should fight a couple nobodies to get his feet wet. Stop throwing bjj guys directly in the fire, let him progress slowly he has time.

WAR Aoki!!! Phone Post 3.0