Kron Gracie vs JT Torres @ the 6th AZ Open!

http://www.azsbjjf.com/kron-gracie-vs-jt-torres-at-the-6th-az-open/

GD Jiu-Jitsu Events in association with the Arizona State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation (AZSBJJF) is already busy getting ready for the 6th Arizona Open. As has now become a tradition for the event, the February 26 and 27 tournament will feature super matches featuring big names from the gentle art, one match of which has already been determined and promises excitement.

“We have the return of Kron Gracie, who defeated Phillipe De La Monica last year, at the 5th AZ Open, to compete against JT Torres, the winner of the 2nd Southwest Classic Light absolute division and the ticket to compete at the 2011 European JJ Championship in Lisbon,” say Gustavo Dantas.

Last year’s event reached max capacity, so don’t miss the chance to compete alongside world class competitors. Click here for more info http://strongvon.com/azopen6.

wow ,great match

Should be an awesome match.

Wow, agreed. Can't wait!

What is their weight difference?

Wow great match-up I would not be surprised it J.T takes this he has been on a frackin tear of late

I'd love to see a sub from Kron on this one.

Rickson BJJ all the way!!

SpiderRicco - What is their weight difference?

Kron is a middle weight, JT was one weight class lower.

Is this gi or no gi?  Should be interesting either way.

JonnySak - 
SpiderRicco - What is their weight difference?

Kron is a middle weight, JT was one weight class lower.

Is this gi or no gi?  Should be interesting either way.

Gi

hard one to pick, great match up!

If i remember correctly, JT has not been submitted in competition since he got his black belt. This should be a very interesting matchup. Kron is a beast himself and JT is retarded strong.

JT was submitted by Braga Neto at black belt.

JT may take it. It is his combination of speed & strength that may make this a difficult match up for Kron. Kron is physically very strong, but the speed advantage goes to JT. That being said, I'm rooting for Kron. I would love for him to regain the magic he had at brown belt. For some reason, his black belt run hasn't been as impressive. But then again, he is in the most competitive bracket and he has only lost to World Champions.

I think Kron's best chance is to pull JT in his closed guard and work his arm bar. JT's guard is very underrated and his DLR sweep is off the hook.

this is huge. Go JT!

While losing to Braga Neto may show that JT got subbed at black belt, it was not by just any black belt - Braga Neto is a heavyweight who has won his weight division and open weight at the Pan Ams, no gi worlds, etc.

ogjune - JT was submitted by Braga Neto at black belt.

JT may take it. It is his combination of speed & strength that may make this a difficult match up for Kron. Kron is physically very strong, but the speed advantage goes to JT. That being said, I'm rooting for Kron. I would love for him to regain the magic he had at brown belt. For some reason, his black belt run hasn't been as impressive. But then again, he is in the most competitive bracket and he has only lost to World Champions.

I think Kron's best chance is to pull JT in his closed guard and work his arm bar. JT's guard is very underrated and his DLR sweep is off the hook.

Good call on the closed guard armbar, I agree that this is the smartest strategy (at least that I can think of)

Anarkis2 - 
SlapUsilly - If i remember correctly, JT has not been submitted in competition since he got his black belt. This should be a very interesting matchup. Kron is a beast himself and JT is retarded strong.

Do you mean physically strong or technically strong? I am just curious because I heard JT has an insane grip but never heard him described as strong.

I was a teammate of his when he trained at Performance BJJ (Blue-Brown) and when i mean he is retarded strong i mean he is very strong physically. Much stronger than his size would have you think.
From rolling with im, i'll tell you his grip strength is riduculous. His closed guard was like a vice too. And just an all around strong individual.

Naturally he was/is very strong technique wise.. he takes eveyrone's back... even great black belts.

This was all while he was in his teens too.. i can't imagine him now.

I've never trained with Kron but JT is overwhelming to say the least. I think JT can pull out a win.

jasculs - I've never trained with Kron but JT is overwhelming to say the least. I think JT can pull out a win.

JT is the only one to tap out Lucas Leite so him beating Kron would not be an upset in my eyes

Lucas Lepri, not Leite.

Anyway, this should be a great match. They both go for the finish. I hope Kron takes this match up seriously and trains with his uncle & Saulo.

Go JT!