Kron Gracie

My favourite MMA prospect coming up is definitely Kron. Son of the legendary Rickson and part of the integral Gracie lineage from whence our sport began.

Speaking with a well connected individual in Japan (CEO of major sponsor of Rizin) and they told me Kron is done with Rizin. Where will we see him pop up? Will the UFC offer a developmental contract? Maybe he will head to Bellator and enjoy some freedom with his career and join many other Gracie fighters?

Personally, I think he is a perfect fit for Bellator. No sponsorship issues, plenty of fights to continue building him up and a great opportunity to pick up a real prospect for the fans.

Where do you see him ending up?

Bellator would be good. He needs to work on his wrestling hardcore. You won’t beat the high level guys from the guard. Ask Demian Maia why he went nuts training wrestling.

Combat Jiu Jitsu

he is almost 30.  he should hop to it if he wants a career in MMA.  Id love to see him in any org

BigEyedFish -

he is almost 30.  he should hop to it if he wants a career in MMA.  Id love to see him in any org

Regardless of your thoughts on Kawaijiri, he did match him on the feet and finished him on the ground with over 40 fights under his belt. I think if the Gracies have taught us anything, it is that quality fights over quantity is key.

He could only be a few quality fights away from a title shot in the right organisation and seeing him in title contention would be good enough for me, from a fan perspective. 

TexDeuce - Bellator would be good. He needs to work on his wrestling hardcore. You won't beat the high level guys from the guard. Ask Demian Maia why he went nuts training wrestling.

Not all BJJ players have the same game. I personally feel Kron is more suited to playing off his back. He is extremely offensive from that position. In MMA being on your back can be a death sentence though, so quick work there to attack or escape will be key for him. 

I really like his improved striking and I think his cardio and output places him in an elite fighter category. Don't get me wrong, a very sharp striker that is successful at keeping the fight off the ground will maul him, but I like his complete game for a guy with little pro experience.

Exciting times!

I’ll just leave this here…he eats meat. Fish = meat.

Kron is really impressive. I’d love to see him get more active and take more fights. His foundation is incredible and he has serious big fight/big stage experience already.

Its a shame he is done with Rizin, but he does need a step up in competition. I dont know if leaving Japan is the best idea because the 10 minute rounds are tailor made for him, but hopefully he lands a great contract somewhere and we get to see him in action soon.

one FC has to be the obv choice no? 

luctaro is bang on about the 10 minute rounds being important to someone like Kron.  

BigEyedFish -

one FC has to be the obv choice no? 

luctaro is bang on about the 10 minute rounds being important to someone like Kron.  

From what I have heard about the way One FC operates, I hope he doesn't end up there. I also think the UFC want to avoid picking up fighters that have been with One for a few reasons. The main reason being, they don't want top fighters from other big promotions coming in and cleaning house. (Their are obvious exeptions to this like Alvarez etc.) I just think that would make a path to the UFC harder if he eventually wanted to end up there.

A feeder organisation like LFA or another small international show is a better stepping stone. Otherwise, Bellator is a good fit and he could end his career there.

I don't care where he fights, I just want to see him fight against increasingly skilled guys. 

It would be amazing to see him in the UFC at some point.