Krons Guard Best In MMA Slick As Hell

The Little Axe Murderer - Put Edgar in that guard and Kron would look like a white belt again Phone Post 3.0
Frankie Edgar? O.o Phone Post 3.0

at 4:40 in that fight video the way he climbs high guard and maintains it to land strikes was great then heel the thighs to around the world triangle finish.

Had to rewatch the fight like 5 times already just a sick guard

At one point Yamamoto got up from top position because Kron was doing more damage from the ground with strikes.

His guard is God-like for MMA.

Yamamoto had some great sweeps though, both guys have potential for sure.

I'm sure this is obvious to most peeps here but Kron's standup needs much more effectiveness if he's to compete with the top dogs in the weight class. He was tagging Yamamoto but Yamamoto wasn't even fazed. Seems Yamamoto let Kron hit him after he realized that it didn't hurt. Also clinch work. Many opportunities to sweep were missed.

That being said, Kron has a tremendous upside. I hope he continues to develop his standup game and refine his ground game. He could be another Jacare.

Great fight by both guys!

Kron needs to work his entries into the clinch and his dirty boxing in setting up TDs. He's not going to become a striker. He just needs to get the fight to the ground without exposing himself. 

Credit Yamamoto for those reversals..They were nice.

I thought Kron's mma guard was awesome. Always offensive while keeping himself out of harm's way...Getting positions to apply subs or sweeps in the process. Even his guard pull was straight into an attack... No butt flopping and throwing your legs up for a prayer sub.

ninja316 - What has Rickson said about the Torrance crew?? I missed that somewhere. Cesar's guys are way more proven in MMA than any Torrance guy. Ryron and Rener may be great teachers there's no doubt about that. But, their fighters aren't successful. With the exception or TCity. Phone Post 3.0

Yea, that gym that is very specifically NOT a fight gym isnt producing many top fighters....

hmmm????

I've trained with kron
His fundamentals are REALLY good Phone Post 3.0

Yamamoto did well. I was a little worried for Kron when he let go of the leg on that triangle. I thought he was going to get slammed into Boliva.

See IG Ryron, Rener and Ralek gave Ice Cream Kron props Phone Post 3.0

Was basically a Paul Sass UFC win the way it went. If thinness only his 2nd fight and he is fully invested, he could be a tricky fight in a few years time. Test will come with elbows on the ground. Phone Post 3.0

TheAlchemist - I'm sure this is obvious to most peeps here but Kron's standup needs much more effectiveness if he's to compete with the top dogs in the weight class. He was tagging Yamamoto but Yamamoto wasn't even fazed. Seems Yamamoto let Kron hit him after he realized that it didn't hurt. Also clinch work. Many opportunities to sweep were missed.

That being said, Kron has a tremendous upside. I hope he continues to develop his standup game and refine his ground game. He could be another Jacare.

Yea, at one point he threw a 3-4 short punch combo in close that looked pretty and was very accurate but basically bounced off his opponents face, I think he can easily double the success Yahya has had if he comes into the UFC level competition.

Basically a better version of Yahya.

was that sexy lady they showed at end of fight kron's wife?

Nytron - At one point Yamamoto got up from top position because Kron was doing more damage from the ground with strikes.

Pretty sure he got up because he was worried about a sub, rather than because of Krons devastating striking.

Also, go easy on the god talk until we see him against a legit guy. Pretty much any high level bjj guy looks amazing on the ground in their first few fights. Then they come up against a real guy and we get to see what they really have.

Kron just fought a teenager from Japan, let's not get carried away here. Phone Post 3.0

Nuevo Haole -
ninja316 - What has Rickson said about the Torrance crew?? I missed that somewhere. Cesar's guys are way more proven in MMA than any Torrance guy. Ryron and Rener may be great teachers there's no doubt about that. But, their fighters aren't successful. With the exception or TCity. Phone Post 3.0

Yea, that gym that is very specifically NOT a fight gym isnt producing many top fighters....

hmmm????
What I meant is even the MMA fighters that have been going there haven't been exactly spectacular with their BJJ since starting with them. Phone Post 3.0

The Little Axe Murderer - Put Edgar in that guard and Kron would look like a white belt again Phone Post 3.0

LOL

burner22 -
Nytron - At one point Yamamoto got up from top position because Kron was doing more damage from the ground with strikes.

Pretty sure he got up because he was worried about a sub, rather than because of Krons devastating striking.

Also, go easy on the god talk until we see him against a legit guy. Pretty much any high level bjj guy looks amazing on the ground in their first few fights. Then they come up against a real guy and we get to see what they really have.

Kron just fought a teenager from Japan, let's not get carried away here. Phone Post 3.0
It's also only Kron's second fight. It was an appropriate opponent for both of them IMO. Phone Post 3.0

Chapulin Colorado - Kron needs to just focus on striking...that's it , just striking....I felt like Kron could've taken the dude down and submitted him within the first 30 seconds, but kept it standing to work on his striking Phone Post 3.0
No, just no.

Forgetting your bread and butter gets you hurt. He should work on his striking, but keep that grappling strong. Phone Post 3.0