KUMITE CLASSIC THIS SATURDAY

Who: Kumite Classic

What: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Grappling Tournament

When: Saturday, May 8, 2004

Where: Pittsburgh Expo Mart, Monroeville, Pennsylvania

Time: 8:00AM Registration & Weigh-In; 9:00AM Tournament

Cost: $45.00

Sponsored By: Mancino Mats, SPRAWL Fight Short Company, OnTheMat.com

Coverage Provided By: Black Belt TV, Sport Karate International, Black Belt Magazine, Action Martial Arts Magazine, Pro Karate Weekly, The Fight Factor and SportMartialArts.com.

Accommodations: The Radisson Hotel Pittsburgh 1-800-333-3333 only $89.00 per night.

Info: www.KumiteClassic.com or www.PGHFITNESS.com

SPRAWL Super Fight Winner Earns Spot In Grapplers Quest Team USA Trials

The Kumite Classic will feature the SPRAWL Super Fight, where Chris Moriarty of Atlanta, Georgia, and Bill Vucick of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, will meet on the mat. This SPRAWL Super Fight is No-Gi Under 200-Pound match of talented, young, aggressive submission grapplers, which will highlight a day of grappling competition.

The 20-year-old Moriarty has trained in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu 2.5 years, earning the rank of purple belt. The Alliance Jiu-Jitsu/Team Jacare competitor has a vast competition resume, including multiple gold and silver placements in top competitions across the country. In 2003, Moriarty earned 1st Place in the Blue Belt division of the Arnold Classic and 2nd Place in the Relson Gracie National Pro No-Gi Qualifier for the Arnold Classic. He also earned 1st Place in the No-Gi Light Heavyweight division of the Kumite Classic. In 2004, Moriarty earned 3rd Place in the first SWO Absolute Division under Abu Dhabi rules. These wins secured his spot in the SPRAWL Super Fight.

The 24-year-old Vucick has trained in submission grappling for 7 years, while he transitioned into MMA. The lead trainer of Team Vucick has coached his team onto victories, while earning himself top spots in northeast grappling competitions. In 2003, Vucick earned 1st Place in the No-Gi Heavyweight division of the Kumite Classic. He followed up that win earning 2nd Place in the No-Gi Heavyweight division of Victory at Valley Forge. As a professional fighter, Vucick has faced some of the toughest up and coming fighters in the light heavyweight division, and has demonstrated his resilience in competition advancing to the semifinals in Toughman. It is this toughness and resilience that secured his spot in the SPRAWL Super Fight.

In a recently negotiated exclusive agreement, the SPRAWL Super Fight winner will advance to the Grapplers Quest Team USA Trials on Saturday, May 22, competing with some of the best submission grapplers in the United States. The winner will meet Joe D'Arce of Team Renzo Gracie in the opening round of the GQ Team USA Trials. The BJJ black belt is an accomplished competitor as a 2000 Pan American gold medallist, a 2000 Mundials silver medallist, and a 2002 Pan American gold medallist. The division is complete with James Brasco, Marcel Ferreira, Brad Pearce, Nakapan Phungephorn, Efrain Ruiz and Noah Spear.

TTT I fight May 15th or I would take a stab at this.

Christian Soldier,

Are you going to be at the NAGA in Chi-Town on May 22nd?

If so, I look forward to hanging out with you guys from up north!!!

Later,

Dustin Ware

Team Jorge Gurgel

ttt

I would like to thank the staff at ProKarateWeekly.com for offering the Kumite Classic a LIVE spot this evening on their internet and radio show!

Check out ProKarateWeekly.com for Karate, BJJ, Kickboxing and MMA.

ttt, I'm planning on being there for the adv. no gi 190 lb and the blue belt 190 lb. See you guys there

btw, if anyone has any girls who aren't coming because they don't think there will be anyone to compete against, I'm bringing my GF, so if women show up who want to compete, I'm slapping the money down and sending her in, lol. She's 135 lb, PA state judo champ at white belt in her weight. She's feisty and with good basic ground skills.

I've been practicing my Din Mak :)

TTT 4 Hastings (my home town).

ttt wish I could make it

We're a go for Saturday. Moriarty and Vucick have checked in. The mats are set up.

results for the Moriaty and Vucick fight ?

Chris Moriarty of Alliance BJJ/Team Jacare advances to the Grapplers Quest Team USA Trials on Saturday, May 22, in Bayonne, NJ.

Moriarty defeated Bill Vucick of Team Vucick by triangle in the SPRAWL Super Fight at the Kumite Classic on Saturday, May 8.

The BJJ purple belt received a SPRAWL package, which included a pair of SPRAWL loose-fit shorts, a long sleeve SPRAWL shirt, a SPRAWL beanie and a SPRAWL sport towel in addition to a super fight belt from the Kumite Classic.

Congratulations to Moriarty and thank you to Vucick for accepting the match.

ttt

Missed your post earlier, DragonSpirit. Thx! Will you be at GQ on 5/22?