Kumo Jiujitsu

Wiley. Thanks for taking the time to write your last response. I was just laughing at myself in my last response. I didn't actually think that I was getting steered into harm. As I understand it, these forums attract a lot of internet tough guys and of all the people I could have chosen to dismiss, I chose to do it to somebody who seems to be highly regarded and qualified to give advice. Unknowingly, I mistook him for some kid running his mouth. Even for a guy who identifies himself with a cartoon character, I do take myself too seriously sometimes! Thanks for bringing me into the loop so to speak. Portuguese, thanks for the compliment but I was thinking of changing my screen name to ConfusedLittleDude. Mark, thanks for your input and a big congrats to your recent promotion to black belt. I don't know you personally but when I was reading that thread, somebody described you and said you trained at Samurai when you were younger. I was also there at the same time you were there but was doing JKD in those days. Even back then, everybody had high expectations of you. I heard people refer to you as the next Carlos on more than one occasion. I was actually there around the time when Carlos made short work of Erik Paulson and shocked the JKD world and a few other worlds I'm sure! Congrats again and thanks for your advice. I'll stop with the thank you speeches because I'm starting to sound like Dalton McGuinty when he first won the election.

For world class instruction www.wagnneyfabiano.com, great with or without the Gi.

Darrel's a great instructor. I've trained with him for a few
years. A few of the top BJJ guys on this forum have trained
with Darrel also and have been overseas with him in
grappling tournaments

Hey CaptinCaveman,

The night I wrote those stupid comments (see the top few posts), I was in a weird mood and just foolin around:) Sorry if I mislead you.

I've trained with Daryl LaFrance a few times and went to Europe with him, Bocek, Shilling, Slavco, and Omar (ahhh.. the memories). He's a good guy.

Shah's club is more hard core, with a higher level of bjj competition. You'll learn at both clubs.

Joslin guys: I'm in on Saturday Dec. 27th @noon if you want to train!

Rowan

Hey Not Lettuce. I appreciate the advice. I'll likely start visiting clubs in the early new year but wanted to narrow down the list to a few. Just thought I'd see what people had to say. I was also looking at Rebellion too but their classes start a little early for me which is a shame. I'm a family man so I gotta spend a few hours with the cavewoman and the cavebaby before I take off to train in the evening. Since Kumo Jiujitsu has received some good feedback I may train there as it would be the most convenient location. I might elect to visit the hard core clubs on the weekend just to get the exposure. I'm actually not that new to the ground game but have been out of touch with it for a few years. I'm one of those guys who knows the dynamics of many submissions but does not know the groundwork well enough to pull them off. For Christmas, I got some good reference material to try out on the mat. My wife got me the Pedro Carvalho series (all 3) and my father got me the Fighter's Notebook. I don't plan on relying on instructionals to learn ground fighting but I can use all the help I can get!!! Anyhow, you've all been a great help. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes one of these days. I'm sure I'll be bugging you guys with more questions in the future.

Anytime Captain Caveman.

Hi Mark. I am assuming you are back from Brazil. Are you back full time, and more importantly are you going to be teaching again at Warriors or anywhere else?
Thanks.

RussT

Hey Russ, I do private lessons at the moment. Contact me at markbocek@hotmail.com

Thanks Mark, I'll be in touch.