Kung Fu vs MMA

__) How about the fact that Royce Gracie would have....

Royce might do better under no time-limit rules, but he can fight a great fight under regular MMA rules as well. The same goes for MMA fighters against boxers. They would surely do better under MMA rules, but that doesn't mean that they are utterly vulnerable under boxing rules. In fact, Rampage Jackson and other MMA fighters have successfully defeated top kickboxers under K-1 rules. Their technics and knowledge are proven still useful under different rules, while tiger claw and the rest of traditional MA ** are not. Unproven = practically useless.

haha, you end up in a street fight with a wrestler here in iowa and you will eat concrete.

This guys standup routine is better than Seinfeld's.

yeah but i feel sorry for they guy who had his "phoenix eye" inches from his throat

"How about the fact that Royce Gracie would have lost to Dan Severn or Kimo under the current rules. But in a less rule with no timeouts he wins. Tell your coach he dont know what the hell he is talking about."

10-count, congrats - you're level naivety is outstanding but sadly not uncommon.

nice try but last time i checked Dan Severn & Kimo were highly trained wrestlers and cross-trained (unless you believe Kimo was soley a TKD exponent when he faced Royce) athletes not representatives of the Yellow Bamboo Death Touch society.

the whole point was that any of the above mentioned (sport) fighters, because of the way they train would demolish most all of uncrossed trained, unathletic, Traditional Martial Artists - regardless of rules (or lack of them) this is proven.

i can only imagine trying to bite or pinch or grab the fingers of any of the BJJ black belts i have sparred with ... the likely outcome does not fit into your "cure all" foul tactics fantasy. In fact, i'm quite sure its like saying to them, "please mutilate more than you truly need to" anyone with experience can back that up.

LOL at 10count's bullshit. "I just grabbed his hair and threw uppercuts." Then again, you might find some sweet Iowa mullets to throw on. Too bad most people don't have hair that long. I've had folks try that "grab the hair" trick before, and when they come away with a handful of nothing (my hair is only about 1-2 inches long at its longest), the look on the face is priceless.

All kung fu guys either have long hair or fight women so that is a very common technique in their circles.

God, what would be funnier than someone grabbing your throat while you had them mounted?

Good-bye elbow joint...as we struggle wildly like children . . .LOL

funny how arrogant some schools are - the tiger claw technique - one size fits all - bull shit. If you are a student of this guy you are waisting your time.

Sorry - my bad 10count... I'll edit my stupidity...

"God, what would be funnier than someone grabbing your throat while you had them mounted?"

-

one word... * SNAP*!

When I started in the martial arts,I had one of those instructors who said we do not fight in tournaments because this art is deadly,and one should only use this style in self defense??? So in other words you should never test your skill until the time comes that you are about to get your ass handed to you in the street? Right....

How much does a man really know about himself,if he's never been in a fight?.....-Tyler Durden/Fight Club

"I'll note that I recently defeated another exponent in grappling by using this skill. He had me in the mounted position (for those of us who do not speak ju-jitsu, he had me just about defeated), when I remember Sifu Wong's book and just grabbed his throat. The fight ended there and no one was hurt. That's what I mean by efficiency and compassion!"

Complete lie. Armbar!!!

tiger claw or rapist choke doesn't work so well.

Wong...Huh-Huh.......

Dude, you said Wong......

"I'll note that I recently defeated another exponent in grappling by using this skill. He had me in the mounted position (for those of us who do not speak ju-jitsu, he had me just about defeated), when I remember Sifu Wong's book and just grabbed his throat. The fight ended there and no one was hurt. That's what I mean by efficiency and compassion!"

Notice how he says "The fight ended there..." he conveniently forgets the "after the guy spun around and armbarred me until I cried like a bitch" part.

And lay off 10count. He wasn't saying that these Kwooners could kick Chuck Liddell's ass, he was just trying to make a point about how a Kung Fu guy might be lucky enough to get his fingers in someone's eyes and end the fight. The only thing he forgot was that the MMA guy could do the exact same thing, only have a lot more backing him up. If you jump all over him just because he says that the MMA guy doesn't win 100% of the time, it makes you look just as bad as the TKDtards on the other boards.

"Antonius is right if he is saying, I can use the Tiger Claw. But avoid the strong parts of your oponion. For me the Pro-Grapplers got also a kind of Iron Shirt, the meaning is they will feel less pain then an ordinary MA. So take with tiger claw the throat, eyes or the balls, I know it sounds hard but we are not talking about sport, we are talking about how to survive.
"

LMAO these dudes are such tards...

I agree that these guys are full of it but not all kung fu is mediocre.
When I lived in Europe over 15 years ago, I began to practice a strange form of vietnamese kung fu called "Voa-binh-din" under master Long Le. This man was in his mid-forties, at around 5.5 and smoked yet under his small frame was a very dangerous man if needed to be. Classes would last over 3 hours and half of it consisted of different types of "iron body" training conditioning our shins, forarms, knukles... we would kick at full strength but we would use a special dit-dao made out of vodka and many herbs. Discipline was severe. If you did a technique wrong you would get hit with a stick if you talked needlessly you would get hit with the stick so we worked hard and did not complain and repeated the techniques over and over.
In those days there was alot of challenges between schools yet master Long would never participate in nor would encourage us to so in these kind of activities. Since we were kids we still went and fought with kids from other schools to test our skills:)
One night a national champion full-contact (kickboxing style) fighter from a local gym who we knew came to provoke master Le to fight after class was done (we were outside as he was closing the door)To make a long story short the guy pushed our teacher against a wall, held him with one hand and punched him with his other one. As our teacher blocked the punch we heared the guys arm break and then his jaw was brocken with a simple slap.
The moral of this story is that there some people (very few authentique kung fu masters) that have very effective styles. This guy was very very dangerous. That is why I am very carefull of not disrespecting old asian masters. You can never know.
As for myself I trained with him for two years and moved back on to greco-roman wrestling but this guy changed my life. I will never forget that periode.

Hossein Kalami

We had a NHB comp at our school a couple of years ago,we invited anyone interested in competing.
The rules were few,no eye gouging or biting.

A Ninjitsu instructor with 12 years experience phoned and said that he was interested in competing but that his techniques were too dangerous.
My instructor told him not too worry,and that everyone signs liability forms.

Anywayz the guy rocks up and starts meditating and stuff,my instructor informs me that I'm the guy that has to fight him.Now I had been training MMA for about 3 years,he had 12 years of Ninjitsu.
Also he weighed in at 235 and I weighed in at 210.

The fight lasted about 40 seconds and ended with me mounted and punching.I didn't get to see any of his deadly techniques.

That day we had a host of traditional schools come and take part,this included a black belts in karate,tae kwon do a high level kung fu practitioner and some others.
We won all our fights that day,not one went passed the 5 minute mark.

Ironically the only losses our school has in NHB is against another MMA school,no losses to traditional schools yet.