Kurt Angle: I have seen Brock squat 900 lbs

I'm dead serious.

Mir beat Brock in a minute and a half.  Prior to that he was 2-2 since the accident and looked like crap in every fight.

Herring was a tailor-made opponent to get Brock a win after O'Brien showed he was completely susceptible to wrestlers.  Herring couldn't stop the takedown and the rest was some slow, boring GnP with no finish.

By "real opponents" I mean top 15 HWs with actual skills, if you think Frank Mir is the last guy that is going to submit Brock, you're an idiot.  And if you don't think he'll have a problem with strikers who can defend takedowns, you're a bigger idiot.

Mad Xyientist, Brocks fight being boring is very subjective. I found his fight very exciting, and I'm sure others did as well. The thing is, there are no fighters (who I believe) that will be able to stop his takedowns. I've already explained this once. Even if a fighter has a great sprawl, it will be difficult to sprawl against the way Brock shoots on you. With Brocks power, he can bully you up against the cage, and take you down from there. I don't see Brock gassing either. I see him being rather relentless with his takedowns, and unlike Mark Coleman, Brock actually hits hard and hurts people on the feet, so it's not like he'd be completely helpless there.

Frank Mir also beat Tim Sylvia in a minute and a half. It doesn't take anything away from Brock Lesnar- a man who had one professional fight before his fight with Frank.

Duncan Harcourt - The thing is, there are no fighters (who I believe) that will be able to stop his takedowns. 

That is just naive.  Particularly if he has absorbed some Mirko CroCop, Pedro Rizzo, or Ricardo Arona style legkicks.  It makes guys slow to shoot, and tentative to even be within kicking range.

And if you don't think he can't gas, you are NUTS.  He didn't gas in the last fight because he got his takedowns easily, didn't have to spend much time on the feet, and never got reversed.  Give him someone who moves well, like Arlovski, or Mirko, and he will get tired.  He has a huge frame and a ton of muscle mass, and that shit burns energy.  You WILL see Brock gassed in the Octagon in the not too distant future. 

Mirko may have had good takedown defense at one point, but he was taken down by Cheick fucking Kongo! CHEICK KONGO TOOK HIM DOWN! Do you not think Brock would take Mirko down with EASE?

Brock won't give opponents the time to land effective leg kicks before they're on the mat.

LOL @ Mirko and Arlovski stuffing his takedowns. Mirko got taken down by Kongo, and Arlovski got taken down by Marcio Cruz.

As was already explained, he doesn't shoot in the open. He puts his opponent on the fence and sucks his hips out from under him.

Some guys who are 250 lbs.+ may make him work for it, but virtually no one can stop him (except maybe Carwin).

"One of these days, we're going to see Brock COMPLETELY gassed, stumbling around the ring, while a striker dances around him and beats him senseless. It will be reminiscent of Smith - Coleman or Mirko - Coleman"

No knowledge of Brock here. He is known for excellent cardio, as noted by the nfl coaches.

Lesnar got key experience going three rounds in a live fight. The chances of a guy gassing are much lower if it's not the first time he has to go deep and relying on his second wind. Coleman was able to go deep against Frye because he was totally in charge and on top the whole time...but against Smitht he mental fatigue clearly gassed him as much as physical exertion.

i think brock has a great chance to beat nog by 2010, given the right opponents, development and progression. Nog can't take him down outside of a fluke strike. If Lesnar's standup continues to develop (and it should), what will Nog do? Trade with him?

StretchPlum - No knowledge of Brock here. He is known for excellent cardio, as noted by the nfl coaches.

Getting punched and kicked has a way of taking your cardio away.

What does it matter? He is in there giving his best. Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe he is in MMA simply because he wanted to test himself? Or, maybe try something new?

Straight back to the old days folks.

I understand that these posts are for opinions, but some people get overly childish and argue over moot points. Upsets happen when the fighter that you want to win, doesn't. think about it. if your fighter wins, you're not upset. HAHA.

give the guy his due. he is training his ass off and has invested more money into improving himself in 6 months than most of us have invested in our entire grappling/ fighting "career".

No knowledge of Brock here. He is known for excellent cardio, as noted by the nfl coaches.

MMA cardio is much different than football cardio, swimming cardio, long distance running cardio, etc. so what his football coaches (who cut him) say about him have no bearing in the mma world. a guy who weighs around 280 pounds requires a ton more oxygen than someone who is smaller with less muscle mass. you need a lot of oxygen to fuel that much mass, which puts brock at an immediate cardio disadvantage.

Mad Xyientist, you being to hard on Lesner. He did knock down Mir and Hering who has good standup. His g&p did look very rudementary, but it's only his 3rd fight. If he's serious and trains properly he may be a beast. If the ufc gives him a few more not top 5-7 HW's [Kongo, Sanchez, etc to get some experience he'll be ready for the top guys [Werdum, Gonzaga, Nog]. May not beat them all but he should be a force.

NoHo - He's gonna LnP his way through the shallow and laughable UFC HW division, then his redneck hillbilly fans are going to scream that he can beat anyone, then a legit HW will come and put him in his place.

Brock's a joke and his fans are an even bigger joke.

It's more like his haters are a joke, and so fucking delususional that they'll make up just about anything.

All Facts

1. Brock Lesnar is the most powerful man in the U.F.C.
2. Unlike Coleman Brock is doing everything he can to get better.
3. It is hard to finish an opponent who turtles up the entire fight.

To say brock lay n prays is laughable. If he was a lay n prayer he would have beat mir. Herring using the turtle defense for 15 minutes is what should be frowned upon in this fight. Brocks skill level and competition at this point in his career is already impressive and i bet he will do big things. He is a bit of an idiot though when he is trying to market himself.

nevermind, i get confused with the duncan thing. My name too.

He's had 3 fights and one decision win. Your blind hate is ridiculous and you're spouting off random shit out of your ass.

"1 - He was a WWE wrestler"- Okay, how is this relevant?

"2 - He has no MMA skill, just boring LnP wrestling"- Right, let's just disregard his NCAA championships. No skills, huh? What were those things called that he used to dominate Heath Herring?

"3 - He can't finish anyone and the only thing he can do is ride them (literally) to a decision"- Right. He can't finish anyone. That's a good, confident thing to say about a man with one decision win on his record of 3 total fights.

"4 - He's got the IQ of the average age of a WWE fan."- Just a comment out of hatred right there. Actually, I question the intelligence of an individual who makes this kind of statement.

"5 - He'll get tapped in a minute and a half when he faces anyone who doesn't just wanna brawl. Oh, he actually has been tapped in a minute and a half."- You mean he got tapped by Frank Mir in a minute and a half. He got tapped by the same man who broke Tim Sylvias arm in a minute and a half.

KriegerVonGott - lol, Duncan you're such a noob.

Lose money on the Brock fight?

Brocks going to be a huge force in the UFC Heavyweight division in the future.He just wont look good doing it.

this place is as bad as it was after Kimbo's fight

blaznbison24 - 

MMA cardio is much different than football cardio, swimming cardio, long distance running cardio, etc. so what his football coaches (who cut him) say about him have no bearing in the mma world. a guy who weighs around 280 pounds requires a ton more oxygen than someone who is smaller with less muscle mass. you need a lot of oxygen to fuel that much mass, which puts brock at an immediate cardio disadvantage.

You obviously never watched him in the WWE.

NoHo - 
PhenomPromos - 
blaznbison24 - 

You obviously never watched him in the WWE.

]
For the billionth time, WWE is not real! Jackie Chan can do a fight scene for 15 minutes! Does that mean he would pwn in MMA?

Ugh.

What are you talking about? Jackie Chan WOULD own in MMA. So would Steven Seagal. It's common knowledge.