Kyle Maynard

"Kyle, I might sound disrespectful, but I respect you a lot for what you've done, but this is a new sport and trying to gain a reputation, so please stay away from our sport if you care about it. It's a legit sport, not a freakshow"

It's not "our" sport fuck nuts. It is "A" sport, and Kyle who has a proven track record of success in combat sports would create anything but a "freakshow".

Felony Fights, Giant Silva, Butterbean, etc... those are freakshows.

Kyle is a legitimate competitor with proven and demonstrable combat sport skills. Guess what, most successful wrestlers who have a proven skillset in submission grappling, and train with one of the top MMA camps in America do just fine in MMA.

Oh you don't sound disrespectful, you sound like a totally ignorant fool!

^ Kyle just missed an armbar and then finished with a choke in a recent NAGA event.

"smac1, how is his striking?"

I doubt that would be his weapon of choice.

"Giant Silva, Butterbean, etc... those are freakshows. "

Now THATS offensive! At least those fighters don't have to have the fight procedures radically altered in order for them to compete.

Butterbean especially has numerous PRO fights over legitmate (if low level) opponents with several knockouts to his credit.

I find it shocking that someone supporting Kyle Maynard would have a problem with a guy competing just because hes a little overweight.

"Now THATS offensive! At least those fighters don't have to have the fight procedures radically altered in order for them to compete."

Actually Butterbean has frequently demanded radically special rules. Kyle has asked for NO SPECIAL RULES AT ALL.

BB does have legit skills, my point was that the reason he is paid to fight is for freakshow value. I'm pretty sure he knows and embraces this as does Giant Silva.

"I find it shocking that someone supporting Kyle Maynard would have a problem with a guy competing just because hes a little overweight."

I have no problem at all with him fighting. I do however believe that freakshow value is what gets him fights. I also believe that he would be more competitive if he lost weight, but chooses not to because he would lose his meal ticket. I am totally in support of his right to do what he wants. I do suspect that BB and Giant Silva have significantly more of a health risk fighting MMA than Kyle would.

How much does he weigh?

I don't see a problem with him fighting someone that is the same size...

I'm a huge fan of Kyle that doesn't think he should fight MMA for various reasons.

Calling him a freak is appropriate, if used in the proper context. He is a freak of nature! He has more muscle and athletic ability than 99% of humanity. I'd put him up there with other well known athletes (Michael Jordan, Sherk despite recent allegations, Mike Vick despite recent legal crap, or any other athlete out there) as far as raw ability. I wish I had his ability and drive.

To call him a freak in any other context is wrong and hateful and worthy of a tail whipping.

It is sad to see Kyle in a situation where he has to defend himself to a freaking internet forum.

Kyle, don't justify these idiots opinions by getting on here and defending yourself. You owe no explanation to anyone. You have accomplished more than half the turds on here ever will.

CJJScouts post is correct IMO.I have much respect for Kyle he has more courage than 99% of this forum including myself and is an insperation to anyone.That said Id still have to vote no but wish him the best in life

"That said Id still have to vote no but wish him the best in life"

While selfishly wanting to interfere with his life you wish him the best. That's some ridiculous logic!

im not interfering in his life i have zero say on if he fights.I still respect Kyle tremendously and yes i do wish him well .

"im not interfering in his life"

Reading comprehension is not your strongest area is it?

i didnt say I want to interfere either How about just putting me on ignore ? and ill go back ot not knowing u exist

"i didnt say I want to interfere either"

You said you support other people interfering and making his adult decisions on his behalf. I'm sorry if it doesn't sound so PC when you strip out all pleasantries.

At least he trains, unlike fcfighter1.

Badmonkey is correct

^

If by "correct" you mean "completely wrong" then you are correct.

would it make people happy if we had Kyle fight a 3 year old girl under original UFC rules?

If it's an amateur match, and nobody is being forced to fight him, and the promoter isn't selling tickets based on Kyle being there.. no biggie.

Any sane AC will say no. Their job is to standardize athletics for the safety of the athletes.

Kyle has access to great fighters.. nothing is stopping him from testing himself in the gym.. under whatever rules he feels comfortable competing under.

Turning his trying MMA into a spectacle, whether it's pro or anti parapalegic cagefighting, is bad for the sport's image.

if he can fight,let me fight!

more power to ya!