Kyle Maynard's Promoter: Audio Interview

Here is an interview with David Oblas who is the manager/promoter for kyle mayanrd. I asked him about his role in mma, his promotion, relatioship with kyle, why kyle REALLY did not wear gloves and the agreement about strikes allowed after that...other stuff to.  I had to edit out a bit because of how long it was so there are a few choppy spots.

I have a lot of thoughts about this interview and the whole situation surrounding kyle, but i want to see what conclusion others draw about this whole thing first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SncW9lESOv8&feature=channel_page

ttt for some responses

Nice interview Tru. Thank you.

But for the record, I'm not Kyle's manager/promoter.

I'm just a good friend of his that promoted this fight of his. He is his own manager.

nevermind

ttt

thanks for the positive responses so far guys.

Tru - you said you have a lot of thoughts about the interview and the situation. I'd like to know them, positive or negative.

Feel free to post them here or pm them to me. Thanks.

Great interview. TTT

DavidOblas - Tru - you said you have a lot of thoughts about the interview and the situation. I'd like to know them, positive or negative.

Feel free to post them here or pm them to me. Thanks.

I just don't understand why he would want to compete in mma and not wrestling.  MMA involves kicking and punching and he was unable to utilize either.  So basically he was trying to wrestle against an mma guy. I know, the gloves thing and so on...but the fact is, he was unable to kick or punch. Sometimes people have limitations.  The rules and nature of the sport are just not set up to fit him. On the other hand, he has proven that he can compete on an even playing field in wrestling or NAGA.  I think he has endless potential to have a positive impact on people through wrestling.  He is a proven wreslter, so why not stick with it?