LA Mayor gives thanks for service on Memorial wknd

On Friday, while announcing a $9 million program between the City of Los Angeles and CalTrans that employs criminals recently released from prison, Mayor Eric Garcetti stated, "When we invest in people we don’t know where things will turn out. But when people have paid their debt to society, our debt of gratitude, should be not just thanking them for serving that time, but allowing them a pathway back in. They will also have access to services from life skills training to cognitive behavior therapy. You can’t just give folks a job you have to give services with the job. This is a transformative opportunity that we are offering Angelenos. To redefine themselves through handwork and integrity. The investment by CalTrans is almost NINE MILLION dollars. But it’s so much more than just that number it’s part of a larger movement that we are all leading here to lift people up in Los Angels, restore their dignity, transform communities."

So remember folks: On this Memorial Weekend, make sure to express your debt of gratitude to criminals who served their time in prison. Thank them for their service. Then give them a job and services through your tax dollars.

thanks

Yup, he really did this. On purpose. Phone Post 3.0

It was the most epic fuck up I've heard from an la mayor and that's quite a feat considering we had villaraigosa Phone Post 3.0

Garcetti is a cuck. But I am not opposed to hiring ex-felons to work on civil construction projects.

Lets face it, after you served time, you will be stigmatized by every future employer.

If the government hires you for even a short time, atleast it pads your resume and makes you more hireable in the future Phone Post 3.0

Will you thank them for their service (in jail) Phone Post 3.0

Thanks Rico for serving your time after being caught with balloons of heroin up your ass. Whats that? Oh yea my wallet, yes here it is please dont kill me. Phone Post 3.0

I actually like Garcetti so far and I really like the idea of this program and am glad it is happening.

That said.  lol @ celebrating it on Memorial Day and honoring jail time in the same vein as military service.   Seriously WTF?

LOL at the vote down! I must have offended a convicted felon.

A guy in a uniform is a guy in a uniform.

--Congrats also to our Meter Readers, Domino's Drivers, Hostess Delivery men, CRIPS & Bloods!

I can't believe I wanna work for this guy Phone Post 3.0

"But when people have paid their debt to society, our debt of gratitude, should be not just thanking them for serving that time, but allowing them a pathway back in."

Wtf....

Have you thanked a convicted felon today?

Justice involved. Have you thanked a justice involved individual today? Whatever you do, don't call them shitbirds. It hurts their feelings.