LA SUB X - Saulo vs. Jake Shields

Xande is 25 I think, and he is younger. I think Saulo is in his early 30's. I think Jake is an awesome competitor, but against Saulo....I don't think it's much of a contest.

saulo is 31 i believe

Saulo really hurt his MMA career IMO by fighting Kondo when he green at Colliseum.

I realize that his crew probably thought that he'd bum rush Kondo, and then tap him on the mat, but man, couldn't they have at least put him in with a couple of semi-decent strikers before Kondo?...

adding to the woe, he fought Kondo back when doubles were the "unstoppable" wrestling rage of MMA...and Brazilians aren't known for their doubles.

These days, I'd imagine that Saulo would approach takedowns more like Filho or Karo instead, and given that the guy beat Liborio at ADCC, he'd obviously be a monster once he got it down...

oh well...

IMO Saulo is the man to beat in almost any grappling match-up, but if anyone can pull off an upset Jake Shields can.

RE: age, Saulo turns 31 in a couple of months.

Saulo any way he wants, honestly...whole different level

Saulo will win imo...to much technical skill for Shields.

"No benjamins at the mundials and no fun getting dismantled either."

The benjamins comment is more or less correct, as Saulo has won just about every prestigous title in grappling, and is at a point in life where he has to be practical and take care of his many responsibilities.

However I think that it is incorrect to suggest that Saulo dropped out of the Mundials for fear of getting 'dismantled'.

"However I think that it is incorrect to suggest that Saulo dropped out of the Mundials for fear of getting 'dismantled'."

nah i was just referring to the specifc match against Roger, the dude can still hang with the guys in his own weight cat.

ttt