LA Times Bill Plaschke: Phil Jackson wants to trade LeBron, Keep Westbrook

Bill Plaschke reported that he’s heard Phil Jackson wants to trade LeBron James, keep Russell Westbrook

It could always be worse, Lakers fans. Phil Jackson could have an official role with the team and could be looking to trade LeBron James while keeping Russell Westbrook.

Phil Jackson’s reintroduction into the fold with the Lakers front office was one that largely came as a surprise, but was seen as relatively harmless. Even in his advisory role and even given his…checkered past as both a front office executive and in comments about LeBron James, surely he wouldn’t campaign for something like trading LeBron and keeping Russell Westbrook.

Right?..

Right!?!?!?

On Wednesday, LA Times beat reporter Bill Plaschke, who only recently sat down for an hours-long one-on-one interview with Lakers owner Jeanie Buss, kind-of sort-of reported that Jackson would prefer to trade LeBron and keep Westbrook during an appearance on Doug Gottlieb’s radio show.

“I’ve heard that Phil would like LeBron traded. I’ve just heard that but I’ve got nothing to back that up. No on-the-record stuff to back that up. I do know that Phil would like to keep Westbrook and try to make that work with him.”

Ah well, this is going great.

First, it has to be noted that Plaschke is a columnist and not a beat reporter and his lack of much actual reporting would indicate that. In general, he’s not someone with a reliable track record of reporting. That being said, there are also may not be anyone more entrenched in the Los Angeles media world than Plaschke. Most of what he says should be taken with a grain (or pound) of salt, but there are reasons it could potentially be accurate.

Plaschke noted in his interview that in his discussion with Jeanie, she pushed back against the mere idea of trading LeBron, so it certainly doesn’t feel like that is a remote possibility. He also said he believes the Lakers would keep Westbrook next season and would make it a requirement for the next head coach to make it work with Westbrook, LeBron and Anthony Davis.

I’ve been bangin the drum to trade Lebron to GSW for 3 threads now!

LeBron Interested in Warriors | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and  Highlights

1 Like

Lebron is tiring. No one can stand him for more than 2 - 3 years, then he wears out his welcome and has to move on. He is probably one of the most difficult players to cheer for simply because of his on and off-the-court personality. Great player, just a pain-in-the-ass human being. So long Lebron. Good luck to whoever has to endure you next.

6 Likes

NOOOOOOO!!!

Did you not see the +11 win totals after this trade?

Hope that’s what GSW sees…CHAMPIONSHIP!

For just a salary match guy, a bench guy, and a guy who didn’t play last year…HELL YEAH!

I’ll be rooting hard for them to get to the Finals, conference finals, and lose in 7.

Then draymond be back in the parking lot crying on the phone to get Lebron to get them over the hump.

Emperor Star Wars GIF - Emperor Star Wars Good - Discover & Share GIFs

Alright, I got you dawg!

Phil has probably hated Lebron ever since the big dummy cried racism, again, over the “posse” comment

3 Likes

Curry already said he doesn’t want to play with Lebron.

He has NEVER said that.

It’s not up to him but the FO.

EVERYONE want’s another ring.

LeBron James recently sparked some intriguing rumors about a potential new superteam. Despite being bitter rivals for the majority of their careers, he admitted that he would love to play with Stephen Curry. Apr 14, 2022

It is time to get rid of him before he expires

2 Likes

I’m sorry to ruin your day

1 Like

“I’m good right now”.

Doesn’t mean.

“I don’t wanna play with Lebron”.

We’ll see what the FO wants to do after they get bounced from the playoffs.

Mario Lopez Football GIF