Lady Antebellum Changes Name to Lady A

County group Lady Antebellum has apologized for having a name that is associated with slavery and says it will now be known as Lady A.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/entertainment/lady-antebellum-name-change/index.html

Antebellum means "before the war." There's no refence to slavery in the word itself. The only connection is that there was slavery before the Civil War.

As a Father to a 5 year old.....

Handing off the planet to the next generation like on Make a GIF

11 Likes

oblongo -

County group Lady Antebellum has apologized for having a name that is associated with slavery and says it will now be known as Lady A.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/entertainment/lady-antebellum-name-change/index.html

Antebellum means "before the war." There's no refence to slavery in the word itself. The only connection is that there was slavery before the Civil War.

Whats the antebellum south known for? 

Riiiiiight

Goodbye eaaarl

1 Like

Great business decision. Pandering to a customer base, who has never purchased one of their albums.

Makes sense.

17 Likes

Paw Patrol AND Lady Antebellum. I think we're all pretty much equal now.

Great Bambino -

Great business decision. Pandering to a customer base, who has never purchased one of their albums.

Makes sense.

I work with a hard core NASCAR fan. Great guy. Church every Sunday. Sometimes spends lunch hours preaching to those that want to listen. Good ole country boy. I’ve seriously never heard him say a bad word about anyone and has even takena liking to a young black guy he sees potential in and mentors him for the job. He just vowed to never watch another race and is selling his stuff because of the whole rebel flag thing. Because he “loves the stars and bars and that is represents my beloved south as a whole, and anyone who doesn’t understand that, especially them, doesn’t deserve my money”. 

I have a feeling there are a lot of people that share his sentiment. Maybe for worse reasons, maybe not. 

4 Likes

madmartigan -
oblongo -

Whats the antebellum south known for? 

Riiiiiight

Goodbye eaaarl

Does the name contain the word "southern"?

1 Like

Holy shit why didn't they do this before. World peace is right around the corner I can feel it. This changes everything.

3 Likes

what does the "A" in lady A stand for then?

4 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Let's cancel all the "bad" flags now.

Pirate flags, Japanese Rising sun flag, etc.

2 Likes

tapnaporsnapbro - what does the "A" in lady A stand for then?

Anal.

Lady Anal.

7 Likes

Cuck trio would sound snappier.

1 Like

It's a quarter after 1, I'm a little woke and my knee is dooooown

11 Likes

TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
Great Bambino -

Makes sense.

I work with a hard core NASCAR fan. Great guy. Church every Sunday. Sometimes spends lunch hours preaching to those that want to listen. Good ole country boy. I’ve seriously never heard him say a bad word about anyone and has even takena liking to a young black guy he sees potential in and mentors him for the job. He just vowed to never watch another race and is selling his stuff because of the whole rebel flag thing. Because he “loves the stars and bars and that is represents my beloved south as a whole, and anyone who doesn’t understand that, especially them, doesn’t deserve my money”. 

I have a feeling there are a lot of people that share his sentiment. Maybe for worse reasons, maybe not. 

Goodbye Earl.

The flag represents American traitors.

If he won't watch his favorite sport because they don't support his favorite group.of losing traitors, sucks for him.

Let him bite off his nose to spite his face.

2 Likes

mixedmartialfarts -

It's a quarter after 1, I'm a little woke and my knee is dooooown

HAHAHAHA!!!

Front Hole is now Front H. 

madmartigan -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
Great Bambino -

Makes sense.

Goodbye Earl.

The flag represents American traitors.

If he won't watch his favorite sport because they don't support his favorite group.of losing traitors, sucks for him.

Let him bite off his nose to spite his face.

My guess you haven’t spent a lot of time in the south. 

It represents the Confederacy now as much as the swastika represents hinduism.