Laguna Beach to ban smoking in whole city

So no vape, e cigs, weed, cigars or cigarettes.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/09/laguna-beach-becomes-first-city-in-orange-county-to-ban-smoking-in-town/

If they ban smoking pole the whole city will become vacant.

It's apparently an air quality issue, but they don't seemed to be bothered by cars.

There's nothing worse than sitting next to some vaping hipster in a restaurant or cafe. That said, this is overkill. But dramatic gestures are part of the California experience. "Will this do any good? No! Will it make it look like we're doing good? Yes!"

The edibles market in that town is going to do well.

I can understand no smoking in bars and restaurants, but not even in parking lots and on sidewalks. That seems a bit ridiculous.

EddiePain420 -

but obviously people can smoke in thier homes/yards right?

Despite the proposed ban, Mayor Toni Iseman still worries about smoke that comes from inside homes — a complaint she’s heard often from residents.

“What can we do about people smoking on private property?” she said, suggesting that the city invest in devices that work like a kitchen fan sucking in smoke from ashtrays.

“I think every rehab and sober-living house should have at least three of those.”

Just what you deserve living where you do. Good luck.

Just smoke it inside your car

EddiePain420 -

but obviously people can smoke in thier homes/yards right?

Calabasas doesn't let you smoke outside even on your own property already I think. 

Banning vaping should be met with violent opposition. 

Poleeko - 

Berkeley did this a few years ago for the commercial district, read: downtown to campus, and nobody follows it. It's supposed to be a $300-350 fine. I was talking with a Segeant friend from BPD one day while he was on duty and I was smoking (don't anymore), asked him if the would enforce it and his response made me laugh. "We have arsons, assaults, rapes, vandalism, robbery, and other crimes to worry about rather than a feel good law the city council passed."

It's a little different situation.  There are way way WAY different things going on in Berkeley than in Laguna Beach.  I see, and agree, though that it's not going to be a priority for law enforcement in ANY city.

wormiwalkinstik - Just what you deserve living where you do. Good luck.

I don't quite follow your logic. So, if congress passes a law you disagree with, you deserve  for living here?

when i lived in calabasas there was a city wide ban (pot and vape was legal...pot because it was medical)... they had a special cop they only worked smoking enforcement

UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode -
wormiwalkinstik - Just what you deserve living where you do. Good luck.

I don't quite follow your logic. So, if congress passes a law you disagree with, you deserve  for living here?

You're damn right

UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode -

It's apparently an air quality issue, but they don't seemed to be bothered by cars.

Heh, no kidding. Cigs are incinsequential compared to industrial pollution

EddiePain420 -

banning vaping is silly, it's not even smoke! its simply a water based vapor, it dissapates. kinda dumb but whatevs.

They're also banning tea apparently

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. - 

when i lived in calabasas there was a city wide ban (pot and vape was legal...pot because it was medical)... they had a special cop they only worked smoking enforcement

fucking cush ass job jesus christ

BBComw2FyB -
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. - 

fucking cush ass job jesus christ
Yeah Sagebrush Cantina had to get a special permit to still allow it on the patio or some shit otherwise it would have ruined them. If all the weekend warrior bikers couldn't smoke their camel crushes there'd be a riot.
Moms is in Laguna, most of that towns already so quinoa infused organically goofy doubt they'll really notice.

My parents live in Laguna.... please God let this be real......in people's homes.....