Lakers Fire Mitch Kupchak!

Magic appointed President of Basketball Operations.

YES!! 

And...Jim Buss will no longer hold his role as Lakers Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations!

Member when The Clippers werent the best basketball team in LA?

I member!!!!

Lol!

DaveFu - Member when The Clippers werent the best basketball team in LA?

I member!!!!

Pepperidge Farm remembers

Magic time now

Chuck Neavitt, I member

TFK_Fanboy - 
BrowBeater - How badly must you suck to get fired and replaced by a 60 year old with AIDS?

well the duo that was just fired won 5 nba titles since 2000

they have also helmed multiple losing seasons and are currently one of the 2-3 worst teams in the nba

Unless I read it wrong it said Jim Buss. I don't remember him having anything to do with the Lakers wins.

Magic turns this all around and has the Lakers in the playoffs in 2018.

Well... probably not.... but still.

Leading candidates for GM position are Agents? WTF

It seems like Kup was over-ridden a number of times (Phil, Dwight, etc.), so how do you hold it against him?  On the other hand, he gets credit for the Pau trade, but it was Jerry Buss sitting across the table, do how much of the credit does he deserve?  And what has Magic done to show he can run a front office?  Talking in circles, so I guess I don't know how I feel about it, but wow.

That's what happens when a woman is let outta the kitchen - teh OG

So what happens if Magic cant turn it around?

I actually thought Kupchak was pretty good. Jim Buss was a disaster.

I think Magic is retarded with all of his basketball tweets so I'm not optimistic

Hard to blame them, they've made some really bad moves over the last few years:

1) Giving an old, broken down Kobe more money than God.

2) D'Angelo Russell has been a total bust so far.

3) Bloated, shitty contracts for Clarkson, Mozgov, and Deng.

On the bright side, Nance and Randle were decent picks, Tarik Black was a good bargain pickup, and Lou Williams and Nick Young are playing some of the best ball of their careers, so they have a little something to build on.

LakerUp -

Magic appointed President of Basketball Operations.

I hope Magic has the same kind of success he has had on his talk show and TV commentating.

Clarkson's contract was a steal actually.  I agree with Mozgov and Deng though.  

Kupchak has a bad reputation with players.  They don't like him.  And he had to be crucified in the media to finally jump on the analytics bandwagon.  The Lakers were one of the last teams in the NBA to stop with the old school system of basketball thinking.  They passed on Porzingis for Russell because of it.  

Check out this article by Kevin Ding from a few days ago:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2693926-magic-johnson-will-have-a-damning-case-against-jim-buss-and-mitch-kupchak.amp.html?client=safari

Clarkson was a steal? He's awful and lucky to be making more than $4-5m.

I mean, what does he even do well? He's absolutely worthless on the defensive end, an average shooter, doesn't pass or rebound well. I struggle to see how anyone could consider him a good value at $12.5m/yr.

Tomato Can - Clarkson was a steal? He's awful and lucky to be making more than $4-5m.

I mean, what does he even do well? He's absolutely worthless on the defensive end, an average shooter, doesn't pass or rebound well. I struggle to see how anyone could consider him a good value at $12.5m/yr.

Lol, what?  He's not awful.  He's one of their best and most consistent players and an up and coming talent.   He could have earned a great deal more with multiple teams.  Worthless on defense?  Are you sure you have the right guy?

Yes, his DRtg and DBPM (defensive metrics) are terrible, and the Lakers are one of the few worst defensive teams in the league.

He's an average shooter, he never gets to the line, he doesn't get rebounds and he gets as many turnovers as assists.

He had a promising rookie year but he's been absolutely awful ever since.