lakers spurs game 1

best basketball game i've seen all year

that was just a tremendous exhibition of determination and courage on the part of the surs, not to mention excellent coaching, considering the spurs are known to consistantly play like that it does not bode well for the lakers

there was a point late in the game when it looked like the lakers were getting energised by some big plays from shaw and kobe and it looked like the lakers would start pulling away, a quick timeout from popovich and he had his boys back on track and they shut down everyone and it was all spurs from then on, amazing

GO SPURZ!!!

"there was a point late in the game when it looked like the lakers were getting energised by some big plays from shaw and kobe"

Shaw???? lol

lol, fuck you, Shaw was still there not too long ago. And who the fuck thinks of Shaq when talking about big plays late in the game?!?!?!!? All I think of at that point are missed free throws. :)

you're nuts man, shaq can come up with huge dunks at any time, even late, and turn a game around

"shaq can come up with huge dunks at any time, even late"

Yeah, and how often does he do this?? In a close game LA doesn't usually give it to Shaq when it's late, cause teams are smart enough to send his loppy ass to the line instead of let him dunk. Sometimes there's nothing the other team can do about it, but more times than not they'll send him to the line, to lay some bricks. lol

Which is why they need to start feeding Shaq EARLY. Even if he misses his free throws, he'll still get their bigs in foul trouble and he's always a strong option to score.

They just don't give it to Shaq enough. My opinions on the Lakers not feeding Shaq enough are well known.

shaq is still unstoppable more often than not, 1st quarter or 4th it's all the same, if he's coming through and you foul him he's still getting at least two

when shaq throws it down off a nice kobe feed it gets the whole team pumped, so far this season only the spurs have been able to keep the lakers in check when this happens

All I have to say about that game is: OUCH!

"1st quarter or 4th it's all the same, if he's coming through and you foul him he's still getting at least two
when shaq throws it down off a nice kobe feed it gets the whole team pumped, so far this season only the spurs have been able to keep the lakers in check when this happens"

Shaq doesn't seem to matter that much when you're under a minute in a close game, that's all I'm saying. Good luck with the dunk cause at that point in the game he's not as productive, as fresh, or as confident. That's PARTLY because he knows he's gonna get fouled and brick some free throws.

lol, and in at least two of the games that the Kings and lakers played this year I'm sure Kobe's fed Shaq a nice lob, but the Kings still won 3 out of 4, so you're incorrect. And bob, yes, I know that was the regular season, and even though I refer to you as bob here, I now pull a switcheroo.

"Which is why they need to start feeding Shaq EARLY. Even if he misses his free throws, he'll still get their bigs in foul trouble and he's always a strong option to score."

Yougottawanna is correct, but that's a whole different story.

The Spurs have a lot of bigs to throw at Shaq. And all of them do a pretty good job of making Shaq work for his points.

seriously those 3 out of 4 they lost to sacremento dont mean shit

i can only think of one serious regular season game for the lakers and that was when they got stopped by SA just before the playoffs, it set the tone and got in the heads of the lakers

ttt

Diesel