Lame Aspects of HL2....

Stacking shit on top of each other... I hate having to pick up crates and put them on each other, then climb up to get to a higher level. How the fuck do u rotate the boxes, or crates?? It seems like I can only rotate shit by picking it up and pushing it against a wall to force rotation. Otherwise u just stack shit on top of each other all fucked up and it keeps falling down.

They took out the 5.56 rifle, that pisses me off.

It is lame that you can't rotate boxes.

But there's only a couple points in the game where you actually have to stack things.

lol... I was gonna say the whole boat chapter water hazard thing too. To me, that whole part of the game, seems like it was slapped on, because they didnt want to delay the game any more....so they just threw in some bullshit to fill ur time with.

different strokes for different folks I guess. I thoroughly enjoyed the boat and driving missions, and I am glad I didn't have a convoluted story shoved down my throat. I play the MGS series for that. I play HL2 for solid gameplay and that is what I have been given.

well, it sure beats doom3 where you couldn't even pick up a soda can. whereas in half-life, you can tear a whole communication station off the wall with your anti-gravity gun and hurl into a crowd of soldiers.

"you can tear a whole communication station off the wall with your anti-gravity gun and hurl into a crowd of soldiers."

That's fuckin awesome.

That boat part was fun as hell! Meh, things in this thread are really minor imo, this game is the shit. Period.

There are plenty of other games out there for those who just want to shoot shit. The HL series was founded on its variety of play.

The structure of HL2 is rather brilliant; just when you get sick of shooting cops, you get the boat. Just when you get sick of the boat, you get the gravity gun. Just when you get sick of the zombies, you get the ant lions, etc.

My only complaint is the setup; I hate it when games require online setup. When I want to play this twenty years from now on my Googolplex 2020, I'm going to have to hunt down cracks & whatnot.

-r