LaMelo Ball in the WNBA

All Star?  MVP?

I can picture this family claiming he identifies as female just so they could dominate the WNBA. I support this mockery actually. Would love to see the media lost its mind. 

Great idea

LaMelo could go to the WNBA right now and be the GOAT.

Donkey Hotee -

which one is LaMelo?  If he's the youngest I would say at his peak, after 4 years or so he's an all-star, but doesnt start in the all-star game.

Id say he’d be GOAT by his second season. He’d have Curry type record breaking seasons. 

Shepherd Wong - LaMelo could go to the WNBA right now and be the GOAT.

GOATse

I always thought Pau Gasol would do well in the WNBA.

Shepherd Wong - LaMelo could go to the WNBA right now and be the GOAT.

Not even close. Lol.

I have a friend who walked on to U of H (Houston) who played against Sheryl Swoopes 1-on-1 in her prime and he completely tooled her. He said she was about like playing against a solid HS player. I say he dominates pretty easily based on his physical presence alone.

FaceToFace - 

I have a friend who walked on to U of H (Houston) who played against Sheryl Swoopes 1-on-1 in her prime and he completely tooled her. He said she was about like playing against a solid HS player. I say he dominates pretty easily based on his physical presence alone.

Lamelo is built like a girl anyways. Hes not some behemoth.

lamelo would average 80 points a game

So crazy it might work

Pedro Navaja -
FaceToFace - 

Lamelo is built like a girl anyways. Hes not some behemoth.

He's still a man which means he might as well be Shaq 

He couldn't handle the physicality

FaceToFace -

I heard this too but from a different person.  About 15 years ago someone posted their experience on a pro vs. joes type of show.  He worked for ESPN and they chose him to go against someone who played for the Washington Mystics(I believe it was the teams best player, possibly the leagues).

This guy only played HS ball and admitted he was garbage.

Well the game was to 10, and he went up 6-0 right quick. The player then called a time out and huddled with the teammates that were around to discuss.  She changed it so the score was out of 21 and came out throwing elbows.

He said she ended up winning 21-19, and celebrated like she had won the championship of the world.

The WNBA is garbage.

Remember Artie Lange losing to that pro woman's basketball player by 1 point? You probably can't even find the video anymore it was so devastating to the idea of women's athletics.

bluenamer please

https://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/juwanna-mann-2002/large_7cOR0ic2XNz6lI8TTkqpbcVjTMk.jpg

This fine documentary was made in 2002 in anticipation of LaMelo's jump to the WNBA.

Donkey Hotee -
dignan -
FaceToFace -

I heard this too but from a different person.  About 15 years ago someone posted their experience on a pro vs. joes type of show.  He worked for ESPN and they chose him to go against someone who played for the Washington Mystics(I believe it was the teams best player, possibly the leagues).

This guy only played HS ball and admitted he was garbage.

Well the game was to 10, and he went up 6-0 right quick. The player then called a time out and huddled with the teammates that were around to discuss.  She changed it so the score was out of 21 and came out throwing elbows.

He said she ended up winning 21-19, and celebrated like she had won the championship of the world.

The WNBA is garbage.

so he was winning until she started playing physical?  LOL

I wish I could find the exact recount of it but think it got absorbed by the internet.

If I remember correctly she was going outrageously hard and he DID NOT fight back the same way because it would have appeared ridiculous.

They chose him to go because he scored the most points in their staff game right before shooting, but he admitted he was GARBAGE.

So she beat an absolute amateur who is garbage, playing as physicially as she could and only won by two points AFTER she changed the rules.

In all seriousness, WNBA isn't even elite high school level basketball. They could beat some middling suburban white kid schools, but the elite high school teams would fucking crush them.

Just look at the starting lineup for a school like Mater Dei.

7'1" 225 C, 6'10" 210 PF, 6'4" 205 SF, 6'4" 155 SG, 5'11" 155 PG.

Contrast that with the lineup of the WNBA champion Minnesota Lynx.

6'6" C 210, 6'2" 185 PF, 6'0" 175 SF, 6'0" 170 SG, 5'9" 170 PG.

They would be at a massive height disadvantage at every position and a weight disadvantage across the entire frontcourt. Add in the fact that every one of those kids can run faster, has quicker feet, and can jump higher than every one of the WNBA players. How in the hell would the woman's team stop anyone in the Mater Dei frontcourt from dunking on them? How would they ever score a single point in the paint with 7'1" Bol Bol swatting everything into the third row? How would they ever stop those kids in transition? It would be a slaughter.

Say what you will about LaMelo, but he more than holds his own against elite high school players. He would destroy the WNBA without breaking a sweat.